Menu

The Venting Thread: 2016 Edition

elegantlion

I'm losing my brain. Buying something I really need from the store only to come home and find it's something else is becoming a common occurrence. I needed heavy cream and I came home with 2 L of half and half. I needed fettuccine and I have thin spaghetti. What the what?!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High-maintenance parents in kid activities are driving me absolutely bananas. If you want your child to join a GROUP activity you have to follow the GROUP rules and so what the GROUP does. If you want special "Mom and Daughter" time don't plan to have it during the kids' GROUP activity you insisted on joining. Maybe you could pitch in and help run the activity instead, like the rest of the adults?!?

• Like 3

My vent of the day...

I absolutely hate being pregnant. I love the outcome of course but I'm a miserable mess for the first trimester. My body reacts the same way it does when it is sick, by getting flu aches and a fever. Weeks of aches and fevers is incredibly draining and just makes my pregnancies last forever. Add nausea to the list and I spend a good amount of timecrying because I feel so miserable.

I'm pretty sure after this pregnancy I'm done having kids. I love the kids but my body doesn't.

My vent of the day...

I absolutely hate being pregnant. I love the outcome of course but I'm a miserable mess for the first trimester. My body reacts the same way it does when it is sick, by getting flu aches and a fever. Weeks of aches and fevers is incredibly draining and just makes my pregnancies last forever. Add nausea to the list and I spend a good amount of timecrying because I feel so miserable.

I'm pretty sure after this pregnancy I'm done having kids. I love the kids but my body doesn't.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

• Like 1

Not really a vent, more of an annoyance

The mail yesterday included a notice from the post office saying they were sorry to miss us yesterday as they had a package to deliver that would not fit in the box and they marked on the notice that we weren't home. One, all three teens were home at the time the mailman delivered. One of the kids saw him deliver the mail and drive off. He did not get of the car and attempt to ring our doorbell, and our front door was open all day yesterday with the screen door closed, so it was obvious someone was home. Two, the package would have fit in the mailbox no problem. The lady at the counter today said that didn't make sense that the mailman said it wouldn't. I was able to stop by on my way home today to pick it up, so it wasn't a big deal, but it could have been if I couldn't make it within their hours, which are not convenient for working people.

• Like 1

Not really a vent, more of an annoyance

The mail yesterday included a notice from the post office saying they were sorry to miss us yesterday as they had a package to deliver that would not fit in the box and they marked on the notice that we weren't home. One, all three teens were home at the time the mailman delivered. One of the kids saw him deliver the mail and drive off. He did not get of the car and attempt to ring our doorbell, and our front door was open all day yesterday with the screen door closed, so it was obvious someone was home. Two, the package would have fit in the mailbox no problem. The lady at the counter today said that didn't make sense that the mailman said it wouldn't. I was able to stop by on my way home today to pick it up, so it wasn't a big deal, but it could have been if I couldn't make it within their hours, which are not convenient for working people.

We have had this happen too, though ours wouldn't fit in our box.  We were still home at the time and our vehicles were there, etc.

It's an incredible annoyance IME, and we mentioned it while picking up the package.  I've no idea if there was any reprimanding though.

We have had this happen too, though ours wouldn't fit in our box. We were still home at the time and our vehicles were there, etc.

It's an incredible annoyance IME, and we mentioned it while picking up the package. I've no idea if there was any reprimanding though.

I mentioned it too, and the clerk had me speak with the manager. She said she would speak with the carrier and let him know that someone was home. She didn't mention anything about how the package would have fit in the mailbox. I was tempted to put it in there and take a picture to show them, but I figured I spent enough time on it.

• Like 1

Please don't quote -

I hate the court system.  I hate the court system.  I hate the court system.  

More witnesses are coming forth and there's nothing we can do until we have concrete evidence; it's all labeled as hearsay. The judge is requesting pics or videos.  OMG, if it gets that far we have failed in our duty of protection.

Why??????  My heart is breaking.

Edited by ScoutermominIL
  • Like 2

I haven't vented on this forum yet about my carpool dramas from this year.

Started the year with 4 families.  One woman has ticked everyone off so much that we are down to just her and me.  I have been ticked off at her for various things (selfishness and unreliability on her part) but I have also not wanted to do 100% of the driving so I have put up with her crap.

Today she is telling me she will pick them up late and she has NO IDEA what time that will be, it will "just depend."  And believe me, she does not care one bit if she is inconveniencing someone else, so there is no use complaining.  Last time I complained she told me off.  

I have to be somewhere tonight and need to KNOW AND I have to get the other kids somewhere this afternoon so I can't go pick him up.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't vented on this forum yet about my carpool dramas from this year.

Started the year with 4 families.  One woman has ticked everyone off so much that we are down to just her and me.  I have been ticked off at her for various things (selfishness and unreliability on her part) but I have also not wanted to do 100% of the driving so I have put up with her crap.

Today she is telling me she will pick them up late and she has NO IDEA what time that will be, it will "just depend."  And believe me, she does not care one bit if she is inconveniencing someone else, so there is no use complaining.  Last time I complained she told me off.  

I have to be somewhere tonight and need to KNOW AND I have to get the other kids somewhere this afternoon so I can't go pick him up.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you reconnect with the other 2 families and drop her?

• Like 3

Scoutermom, has anyone actually taken the time to explain the hearsay rules to you?

The court process can be frustrating even when you understand it.  :grouphug:

I don't give a flying hoot about what the legalities are.  When people are signing affidavits stating they have witnessed X, Y, & Z and are willing to testify in front of a judge that shouldn't be hearsay.  These individuals have first hand knowledge about the circumstances and are willing to admit to their individual wrongdoing in deference to the best interests of a child.  That's all that should matter.

Just gotta say, I hate progressive health issues.  As soon as you (more or less) learn to live with one symptom (or more), another one appears and gets more constant.  Right now I don't know if I'm getting angry or depressed - either way, pretty much brand new "feelings" to deal with too.

Other issues (mainly pain or hearing things like pulse) were just in that category of "get used to it."  This one - swallowing - could end up problematic, though it isn't yet (fortunately).

All I can say today (second bad day in a row), is I'm glad I'm at school, and I'm glad our next trip happens next week.  And it's nice to have a thread to vent on - pretending that I'm actually doing something to let off steam.  Then I'm banking on the fact that the most bad days in a row that I've had so far are three, so tomorrow's the limit!  If tomorrow doesn't end up good by fate, I'll have to get something planned 'cause current weather looks awful and the Preakness is a short race later in the day.

Gotta figure out what a backup plan is for a bad weather Saturday... and shortly, will have to switch my brain over to helping 9th graders prepare for their science final next week.  Distractions can be incredibly helpful!

Edited by creekland