Menu

What were the best movies you watched last year?

plain jane

I lived under media rock last year and didn't watch any movies.  I have a bit of spare time in the next few weeks and would like to simply chill and watch a few (new release) movies.  What were your fave ones that came out in 2015?  I don't recognize most of the titles.  :huh:

• Like 1

Sicario was my favorite. (Nothing else was even close.) It is quite intense, fyi. (I am so hoping this will manage to pull at least a few Oscar nominations -- specifically for acting, cinematography, soundtrack/score, & script.)

I also enjoyed Furious 7 (had never seen one of these & it was just summer-action fun); Spy (campy fun); Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation (entertaining summer action); The Martian (loved the book too); Bridge of Spies (gotta expect something good when you've got Hanks & Spielberg teaming up); and The Intern (sweet & nice).

Biggest disappointments? Jurassic World (hated it) & Spectre (a confusing mess -- & I'm usually a James Bond fan).

Edited by Stacia
  • Like 3

You are in luck,

My family went to several movies last year (2015) and we rated the movies we watched.  Here is our top five movies of 2015.  

1. Star Wars - The Force Awakens

2. Jupiter Ascending

3. Jurassic World

4. Goosebumps

and

5. Ant-Man

Note we saw probably 11 or 12 movies.  

Thanks,

Jim

:patriot:

Edited by dallas050

We watched a few.  Our favorites?

1)  The Martian

2)  Jurassic World

3)  American Sniper

4)  Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation

5)  Tomorrowland (surprised us too, but we really liked it)

6)  Unbroken

7)  Star Wars - The Force Awakens

San Andreas was good for side effects, but only ok for anything else.

Nothing else is coming to mind to recommend.

We watched a few.  Our favorites?

1)  The Martian

2)  Jurassic World

3)  American Sniper

4)  Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation

5)  Tomorrowland (surprised us too, but we really liked it)

6)  Unbroken

7)  Star Wars - The Force Awakens

Yes! We really enjoyed that one too! I often skip the Friday night movie at our house, but that one pulled me in, and I enjoyed very much.

• Like 1

The only movie I think I've seen this year is Inside Out. It's animated and I only watched it to keep my dd company, but I was surprised at how good it was. Extremely creative and it really moved me. I cried!

My boys both watched this one at their respective colleges and give it thumbs up.  We actually added it to our Netflix queue last night so hubby and I can watch it after they head back.  Granted we were looking for The Jazz Singer (which Netflix doesn't have  :glare: ) due to our Neil Diamond night (see my other thread if interested), but somehow Inside Out came up in conversation...

• Like 1