Menu

Tiny Habits Group

Soror

I guess I don't quite understand the set up.  Does he list habits for you to choose from that you only do for a few minutes a day?  I don't understand how he could list the habits I should acquire.  I am not getting this!  But I would love support in forming new habits.

• Like 1

I guess I don't quite understand the set up.  Does he list habits for you to choose from that you only do for a few minutes a day?  I don't understand how he could list the habits I should acquire.  I am not getting this!  But I would love support in forming new habits.

Yeah, I missed the original discussion, and it isn't really apparent to me what's going on with this.

I guess I don't quite understand the set up. Does he list habits for you to choose from that you only do for a few minutes a day? I don't understand how he could list the habits I should acquire. I am not getting this! But I would love support in forming new habits.

You make your own habits that are very simple. It's clearer after you see the first email, or you can Google Tiny Habits.

• Like 2

Can I play without the website. Because if it's anything formal I will rebel. Always. Maybe I should work on that.😚

Seriously I put my plan to reduce to 3 cups of coffee a day in my phone calendar. I'm on day 3. Go me. Here's an alternate plan if you're rebellious like me. I used it earlier for other habits https://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/

Edited by joyofsix
  • Like 1

I signed up too. I still need to formalise my habits. It's actually hard to think so simple and small. The logic of how to change behaviour by anchoring new habits makes a lot of sense though. When I think about it, the habits that are strongest (good or bad) are all tethered to other actions or tasks.

Can I play without the website. Because if it's anything formal I will rebel. Always. Maybe I should work on that.😚

Seriously I put my plan to reduce to 3 cups of coffee a day in my phone calendar. I'm on day 3. Go me. Here's an alternate plan if you're rebellious like me. I used it earlier for other habits https://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/

That system is more formal and complicated than Tiny Habits. The goals you set initially are so minuscule it would be ridiculous to "rebel." The idea is to connect a new habit to an existing habit that you already do without thinking.

I signed up.

My first 3 tiny habits are:

1.  After I get my coffee going, I will strap on my FitBit 

2. After I drive home from anywhere, I will carry my purse into the house.

3. After I drop off my son at school, I will turn on my Audio Bible App

• Like 2

That system is more formal and complicated than Tiny Habits. The goals you set initially are so minuscule it would be ridiculous to "rebel." The idea is to connect a new habit to an existing habit that you already do without thinking.

Ridiculous- yes, likely to rebel anyway...yes. The email would do me in. For ME, just a check mark works better. YMMV
  • Like 1

Ridiculous- yes, likely to rebel anyway...yes. The email would do me in. For ME, just a check mark works better. YMMV

Suit yourself, but a checkmark is essentially all this involves. The emails will only come for five days anyway. It's about as minimal of a commitment as you could make.

Edited by Word Nerd
  • Like 1