Menu

Please vote for Miss Universe... my cousin!

medawyn

The Miss Universe pageant is airing live now on FOX, and there are opportunities to vote for your favorite candidate.

This year the USA is being represented by Olivia Jordan, who also happens to be my cousin.  I can tell you she is as beautiful outside and in.  If you have time to watch a bit or vote here http://origin.missuniverse.com/vote/I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

I'm not a pageant person, but she's been thrilled to represent the USA, has been a spokesperson for the National Alzheimer's Foundation, and would be an amazing Miss Universe.

• Like 7

Thanks, all!  I haven't even seen a bit of it.  My 2 year old managed to crash into the coffee table just after I posted this, so we had a nice Sunday evening ER trip and seven stitches just in time for Christmas photos  :svengo:

I'm squeezing in my vote and am glad I recorded it!

Congrats to your cousin.

What an incredibly bizarre ending.  I have to admit, Steve Harvey seemed to sheepish before he spoke, I wanted to slap him and shout, "Man up and admit your mistake!"  It seemed like everyone thought he was going to turn it into a joke.  (Didn't watch it live, saw video after reading about him announcing the wrong winner.)

He had ONE JOB.  Crazy.

• Like 1

If it weren't for this thread and snapchat, I would have been so out of the loop :p

Congrats to your cousin!

I would have been, also!

The ending was horrible!  I feel so sorry for all involved; what a gaffe!

But I'm thrilled Olivia made top three, although I could see how disappointed she was.  On the upside, she'll be home for Christmas.

Off to check that on my little guy, who was all sunshine as soon as we left the dr's office.  Mommy was more rattled than he was!

• Like 4

OP my congrats to your Cousin on being selected to be Miss USA! That is an incredible honor for her and it will open many doors for her, the rest of her life.     Down here (I am in Colombia) I can only tell you that the people are NOT happy with what went on...

• Like 3

OP:  Kudos to your Cousin for both achievements: First, she was selected to be Miss USA, out of all of the young women who competed for the title.  And then, she was one of the 3 finalists for Miss Universe.  She should get, if she doesn't already have them, an excellent Agent and a Marketing guru. She is in a wonderful position to have a very successful career.  

• Like 2

OP my congrats to your Cousin on being selected to be Miss USA! That is an incredible honor for her and it will open many doors for her, the rest of her life. Down here (I am in Colombia) I can only tell you that the people are NOT happy with what went on...

I was wondering about this today! I bet people are very upset, rightfully so. That was messed up :(

I would have been, also!

The ending was horrible! I feel so sorry for all involved; what a gaffe!

But I'm thrilled Olivia made top three, although I could see how disappointed she was. On the upside, she'll be home for Christmas.

Off to check that on my little guy, who was all sunshine as soon as we left the dr's office. Mommy was more rattled than he was!

Your cousin is beautiful. So glad she wasn't invovled in the mix up. Yikes.

How is your little guy? You must have been so panicked. Head injuries bleed so much. I hope he's ok.

What an incredibly bizarre ending. I have to admit, Steve Harvey seemed to sheepish before he spoke, I wanted to slap him and shout, "Man up and admit your mistake!" It seemed like everyone thought he was going to turn it into a joke. (Didn't watch it live, saw video after reading about him announcing the wrong winner.

He *did* man up and admit his mistake. Not sure what you're talking about.

• Like 1