Menu

What do your dc want to do for work when they grow up?

My 4yo wants to be a parent.  Please keep in mind, he thinks "parent" means "adult".  We haven't been able to get the difference to stick in his head.

My 8yo wants to rescue animals.  Over the past couple of years, he's made it clear he intends to live in our home forever.  He's even specified that it should be his when we die.  So he doesn't have many financial concerns.

My 12yo wants to work in environmental conservation/education.

My 13yo insists she wants to be a baker, but seems to be planning to go to college for environmental science.  I think I scared her off by pointing out bakers' hours, but she doesn't want to admit that's a deciding factor.

My 17yo, as of our conversation this past weekend, wants to be a professor of music.  He has been a music major for the past two years, so maybe that will actually happen.  But he's been known to change his mind a million times.  We'll see.

• Like 2

My 19 year old is super excited that we are coming to visit and is eager to show us off to his friends.  (No pressure there!)

He can do whatever he wants for an actual job IMO.  I love being able to continue to be an important part of his life.  (That's true with my 21 year old too.)

• Like 1

I am getting a kick out of these! Love humorous lighthearted threads. I know they can't always be , so love them when they are.

What's funny to me, I have 3 grown and 2 younger ones still at home. The older ones are doing their dream jobs they had as children or in school workin toward it or both.

DD 25 --paramedic and in school wanting to go premed. She always said she wanted to be either a doctor or a helper to the doctor lol

DD 23-- in pursuing grafic arts career and in school. Always said she wanted to b an artist.

DD 20-- in the army and in school. Always said he wanted to be ' an army man' :) gosh I miss him.

Dd11-- wants to work with daddy . awww

DD 9-- wants to be an architect or construction worker lol .

Never know. The younger 2 may wind up being what they always said they wanted to be.

• Like 2