Menu

The Science of Little House on the Prairie

Tanaqui

I am not a Wilder fan even a little bit but I loved the holistic approaches taken by the scientists and historians in that article. It's a great example of the sort of investigation anyone could do--if they worked hard at it and had a decent education. Thank you!

• Like 1

The long winter was a book that has really stuck with me. As a native Floridian, I am still blown away by it!

Two years ago we had a really brutal winter and they compared it to the year of The Long Winter.   Midwinter I needed to drive to dd's college, two hours away, alone.  The snow was piled so high on both sides of the road that I couldn;t tell where I was. It was well over 12 feet high. I felt so lost and it was an awful feeling. I can't imagine how it must have felt to live through that winter- I had the safety of a warm car and it was still miserable. 

That was also the first winter of our house. I wonder what it was like to live here then. No indoor bathroom, no central heat...wow. 

• Like 1