Menu

Talk to me about boots

Truscifi

Last spring you ladies gave me excellent shoe advice and I bought a pair of Keen sandals. Unfortunately, now I'm spoiled and only want to wear super comfortable shoes. First world problems, I know.

Now I'm looking for boots, flat or low heel black knee highs specifically, but I can't find any locally other than fashion boots that are wretchedly uncomfortable. So what boots do you love? I need on your feet all day comfort that is still cute.

• Like 1

It has taken me a few years to find a pair of boots that I like. I'll link what I bought but have to warn you that I haven't worn them yet. These are Teva's that I tried on in a great full-service local shop. They aren't perfect comfort-wise, but not bad either. I had plantar fasciitis a few years ago and really try to get supportive shoes only. I'm starting to think that's not really possible with boots. The salesperson said these will be okay and then picking up on my comment that my Birkenstocks were my most comfortable shoes, she showed me that they now have boots. But they're ugly. Sorry. I need a little bit of cute in my life and I think these boots will work but probably won't be a daily choice for me. The other brand I would look at is Born. I tried on a pair last year that felt good but the style wasn't what I was looking for at that time. I always thought I would like Frye boots because I love the casual, western kind of look, but they felt horrible. Glad I can rule out the $300 boots!

The Teva's are waterproofed. That was a plus for me living in Oregon. The others I liked in this store were a black suede and the impracticality of suede in the rain pushed me toward the Tevas.

http://www.zappos.com/teva-de-la-vina-brown

(I got the dark brown but they come in black too. The brown looks darker (and better) in person. And I got an 8 after some waffling between 8 and 8.5. Most of my street shoes are 8. My running shoes were 8.5 but I just got a 9 on my latest pair. My fake Uggs are an 8)

• Like 1

If you like Keens, why not try some of their boots? They don't work for me, but they're awfully cute. I tend to order a bunch of shoes from Zappos and return what doesn't work.

Yes, try the Keen boots.

Clarks, Teva, Skechers, Earth, Naot would also be brands to take a look at.

• Like 1

My snow boots are Keen and my "fashion" boots (ha ha--also good in snow and ice but I wear them with skinny jeans or skirts and leggings) are Reiker. Both are warm and waterproof and offer plenty of support. I just put some new insoles in the Reiker boots since I've had them for so many years; they still look terrific and will last many more.

I have a pair of Teva boots, and 2 pairs of Borne.  Love them all.  I would like another pair this year, a low cut black boot.  

I think my boots are 1/2 size larger than my normal shoe size, but I would have to go look to see if that were true for all 3 pairs. I think the one pair may not be, I believe both of my high cut boots are the larger size.