Menu

getting started with French

kiwik

I have a hard copy edition.

Does it look doable for someone who did two years of French about 30 years ago? My plan is to do it with ds8 and see if i can get one of the French grad students at work to come and read Tintin or something with him every few weeks.

Mine is coming Monday. I have been checking the French site for months. I caught the Aug 31st announcement, but didn't see it on Amazon over the next week and a half. I honestly had just checked Amazon the day before. It is so far down the list (and I wasn't looking for the different color, but I should have been), I didn't see it. I had to check the links on the actual GSWF site to find it. We probably won't start right away. We'll wait for some of the recordings to be posted, although I can actually speak French with a decent accent.

For anyone else, here's the GSWF site. Here's the Amazon link. Ah! It has moved up! It is now on the top part of the page, just below GSWSpanish.

• 1 month later...

Where should I look for the list?

"I keep telling myself, "This is my last book." But I can't seem to stop writing these things...in development right now are Russian, Portuguese, German, and a sequel to Getting Started with Latin."

http://gettingstartedwithfrench.com/

• Like 1

"I keep telling myself, "This is my last book." But I can't seem to stop writing these things...in development right now are Russian, Portuguese, German, and a sequel to Getting Started with Latin."

http://gettingstartedwithfrench.com/

Getting started with German would be amazing! I have two kids who want to learn German and i love the format of GSWL. But I would also love the Latin book 2 to be done soon for DS8 who will finish GSWL this year. Here's hoping for timely development on the new books!

I'll admit that I was a little disappointed with GSWF. Perhaps because I actually know French, I was disappointed at how little progress they seem to get to by the end of GSWF. It is probably the same point they get to with GSWL & GSWS, but it SEEMS less because I didn't know those when I started.

I haven't started using GSWF with my kids yet because it came out so late in the year & we were already 'full up.' I think eldest will probably cover it during the summer months before starting a French I program. But, that's still up in the air. :-)