Menu

Update on My Rescue Puppy

Paige

A few weeks ago I posted about my rescue pup that was growling and snapping at us and whether we should send him back. We took him back to the rescue for an evaluation and really thought he was ill and would come home after some meds and rest. They said he had a minor skin infection, but it shouldn't cause his behavior and he hadn't shown any aggression with them at all. At that point, I decided he was just too risky of a pup for our lifestyle and told them we wouldn't take him back, and everyone was sad.

Last night, we picked up our new baby from them who is totally different, not my style of dog at all, but completely adorable. She's a tiny long haired chi/mix that looks more like a pomeranian, maltese, or a big hamster. She's so much better with the kids already and is sleeping on my lap now.  :001_wub:

When we went to pick her up, the one we gave back came to greet us and he ran right up to us, gave my daughter and I 5min worth of kisses, and then rolled on his back for tummy rubs the whole time. He's going to the perfect situation in a few days or I may have caved and tried to get him back too because he is so adorable. We felt better seeing how happy he was, knowing where he's going, and seeing that he really did love us. We had been thinking he just didn't like us. 

Our new baby is not my usual type but she's the kind my kids have been dreaming about for years and they are in love.  

• Like 13

I'm so glad for you!   We went through a very traumatic situation with a puppy we purchased from a breeder many years ago, that we had to give back.  It was a rough experience for our entire family, and it took us several years before we were ready to get another puppy, a completely different size/breed, who turned out to be a wonderful dog.   I'm really happy to hear that everything worked out so well for both your family AND the first dog.

• Like 1