Menu

Who's going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

started spring cleaning ( 3 days until spring). rolled up the lounge room rugs, vacuumed underneath and rearranged. got everything below my knees ( In the lounge room) spring cleaned. decided to tackle everything above my knees tomorrow.

Had lack of helpers. DD15 got employed by the neighbour to help her with her spring cleaning. I could not compete

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Off to exercise this morning before the heat gets yucky!

Clean the main floor --dust, clean hardwood floors, wipe down kitchen ..etc

Get dressed--tweak planning for next weeks full load of classes

Make sure everyone has what they need for church tomorrow

Watch the Hollow Crown and relax

Have a great Saturday!

• Like 1

hi all-kids are away til early evening so DH and i have a day to ourselves--very rare. he does have to go in to work at some point today, but hopefully we'll hang out a bit and relax.

1. watch the rest of Sils Maria

2. train K

3. read Bible

4. patient files

5. clean kitchen

6. fold laundry

7. eat healthy breakfast--oatmeal, chia seeds

8. work out

10. crochet and knit.

11 fast passes for disney next week? any changes? snacks for disney? 

12. get organic beef for tonight--lettuce wrapped burgers or gf buns.

Good morning! Both cars are being used to take kids to practices, so I am home this morning. I am going to try out my new thimble to quilt. And pick up a little. We don't have much on the schedule this weekend. I am trying to take advantage of whatever free days we have, knowing they will become farther apart as the year goes on.

To do:

Quilt

Pick up

Drop off at goodwill

Mass

Have a great day!

I'm enjoying the quiet this morning---dd20 is at work (goes back to school tomorrow), dh is volunteering, dd15 is still asleep :)

My day:

--lots of gardening and yardwork

--usual daily things

--subscribe to The Economist (easier than reading at the library--part of dd's AP Comp Government)

--do some calculus (working ahead of dd, as usual)

--attend good friend's 50th birthday party, being held at the chef's table at a new-to-us restaurant :)

I slept in till 8:15 today! I don't usually enjoying waking up so late but I definitely needed it today.

Exercise (bike? walk?)

Go over budget

Laundry

Complete school assignments that weren't finished yesterday with two oldest

Fix 1/2 bath toilet (it won't stop running unless the handle is jiggled)

Find out why my fitbit all of a sudden won't track my sleep

Done everything on my first list except:

work at church

clean bathrooms

Need to:

supervise Ds' piano practice

Help Dd see what is not yet done in her "cleaned up" room

finish laundering Dd's bed linens and help her make the bed

overview the church clothes choices for tomorrow

Me stuff for later tonight:

check craigslist for bunk beds

read up on homeschool basketball league

read through nature center fall offerings, choose and mark registration dates on my calendar

relisten to Julie Bogart lecture?

Scout, how is VolsFan doing?

Thanks for asking, Jean.

Right now he is pretending to watch golf on TV while actually napping. Looking forward to watching the Vols play football soon. ;)

He is doing well, but not back to normal yet. Scar is healing nicely and his hair is growing back, so the scar is less noticable. He still gets dizzy occasionally and tired very quickly. Not sleeping very well, though that may not be a surgery effect. He sees the surgeon a week from this Wed. and we are hoping he will be okay to drive and work by then, but maybe not. Also seeing a neurologist next week for med mgmt and possibly the sleep issue.

Partly, he is bored. His activity level is very limited and there is inly so much of "jump in with the homeschool daily life" that he wants to do. He did vacuum today and help Dd make her bed and supervised Ds' piano practice. :) Friends have been kind to call, text, send notes and take him out to eat. Since he has oodles of fee time and I have eight zillion things to do, I am not too sympathetic with the boredom thing.

One thing that has been hard is coming back to regular life after such an existential crisis. Brain surgery brings eternal and ultimate issues to the forefront of your mind and heart, but you can't live on that plane for long. Too intense! Related to that, he has been very understandably focused on his own body and trying to understand the significance of how he feels physically. But if he stays that mode much longer, it will become just self-centeredness. So he is trying to get himself thinking of others and not making mountains out of molehills or imagining new medical crises.

We are glad to be doing ordinary family things and getting back into school year routines. Thankful for all the support we have received, but glad to be less needful of it in day to day life.

• Like 1