Menu

I'm feeling restless in our church....I could just use prayers....

Prairie~Phlox

We've been with our pastor for over 20 years, we were kind of a nomadic tribe and then about 7 years ago, fell into a building.  A small congregation taking care of about 20 acres and a building, where no one has the time or ambition to do much of anything and feet get drug, nothing gets done & there are older people that can't really physically help, we just get tired of helping 1-2 families do it all.  My dh is tired too and I seriously think it's time to maybe move on.  I think in the past, we've stayed because dh was in a business relationship with our pastor, but dh recently went to work for the county and now that there's  regular paycheck, I feel it might be time to take a step back for now.  We have a Wednesday night fellowship dinner, usually the pastor's wife & I rotate and then about 6 other families eat, will bring sides, but never offer to bring anything else except for maybe 1x per year.  Our pastor is out of town and is supposed to be back tonight, nothing is planned for dinner and I told my hubby that I really didn't' feel like going, as it always falls to me and I just took care of things last week.  He was like "don't go then." which he doesn't always say when I suggest skipping. I don't get excited about going to church, I actually some weeks dread it, we don't meet until 10:30 and get done at noon and some weeks, we'd like to go at 8 & be done by 10 so we have a longer day.  (this is something we plan to bring up for next summer) there's another family that hardly comes in the summer because of this.     Please just be praying for us.   I know our children don't really enjoy it either.  I know it's not about that, it's about God's word, but I just don't know what to do, I've never been in this position.

Thanks!

praying. 

We made a move many years ago after being at a church for 13yrs.  We had known many of the people from a previous church (it was a split off/planting), so we'd known the pastor and several original people for much longer than that.  While it did have it's sadness, we realized after leaving that we probably stayed about 2-3yrs too long.  

We are leaving our church as well. The pastor is turning out to have a very legalistic streak and a handful of people - including us - do the lion's share of the work. We are burned out and exhausted which means we need to make a change.

(((Hugs))) it is always a difficult decision to make, but the change will likely be very good for your family.

There's nothing better than waking up on Sunday morning excited to go to Church. I was very unhappy in a church for many years and finally had the courage to do what my heart had been longing for (huge change - went from Assemblies of God back to Catholicism).

I know it's scary to step out from the familiar into the unknown but it has been so worth it for me and my family.

God Bless,