Menu

The Green Ember for Kindle is free today on Amazon.

Thank you! I wasn't going to bother checking because I assumed the deal would not be in Canada.

It's hit or miss. If it's something you think you'd like, it's worth it to check. But prepare yourself for disappointment, that's for sure!

Does amazon periodically just sell kindle books for free?  how can you find out about these sales?

Yay! Thanks for sharing! And yeah, how did you find out about that?

You can look here: 

Best Sellers in Kindle eBooks

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Kindle-Store-eBooks/zgbs/digital-text/154606011/ref=zg_bs_fvp_p_f_154606011?_encoding=UTF8&tf=1

Make sure that you click on Top 100 Free.  You can see categories of interest on the left hand side of the page.  If you click on Children's e-books, you'll see many subcategories also on the left.

Regards,

Kareni

• 2 months later...

Thank you for this alert. A lot of the free Kindle books are mediocre, but I really enjoyed this one. It might be my favorite read aloud we've done so far. I even bought the hard cover and I never buy books I've already read.

• Like 1

What age would you recommend it for?

I read it to my 7 and 5 year old, I think they are a bit on the young side for it but they definitely liked it and understood what was happening. There is some fighting in it so I think sensitive kids might need to be a bit older.

My son was a young six when we read it. We listened to it on Audible, which we enjoyed. The beginning was a little slow for me, but it picked up a lot in the later parts. I believe there is also a prequel out now as well: http://www.amazon.com/Black-Star-Kingston-S-Smith/dp/0986223530/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1442602261&sr=8-2&keywords=the+green+ember. I am waiting for the Audible version to come out. I am lazy like that. :) 

• Like 1