Menu

Triple Crown Winner!

emzhengjiu

I was totally traumatized by watching the Ruffian/Foolish Pleasure match race as a horse-obsessed, 10yo girl. I still tear up thinking about it. I have never watched another horse race live, but will watch reruns sometimes once I know it is okay, and today's race was fun to watch (as a rerun).

We enjoyed watching it!  He reminded me of Seattle Slew and such good memories of being a racing fan in my youth.

I saw (on TV) Secretariat, Seattle Slew, and Affirmed, but this was the first TC winner for the rest of my family including hubby (who was old enough for the 70's but oblivious to it all).  After so many "maybes" it was really nice to see one HAPPEN, esp with such a dominant style, varied conditions, and decent times (rather than "best" horse in a so-so year).

That fact that it came one year after last year's Derby/Preakness owner made such a fuss about how "unfair" it all is and proclaimed that "it would never happen again" is poetic justice at its best IMO.   :coolgleamA:

However, I find it rather annoying that they are retiring him after his 3 year old year.  On the one hand they claim how this is "for all the fans and the sport," and on the other hand it's really all about the breeding money - not the racing.  Actions speak louder than words.

Nonetheless, great horse and it's fun to watch him race.  He made it look like he could do it twice.