• Replies 216.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Slashie definitely gets a thousand points for doing all the things.

I went to the farm and picked Zinnias. The heat has really done a number on my mom's garden. 😭 The poor tomatoes. But the Zinnias are loving the heat.

I am making my shopping list and will brave the AFSA shortly.

• Like 4

Good morning!

I've been awake since dark o'clock.  Not sure why I am waking up so early lately.  Yesterday while cleaning out dd21's room I found a small box of socks.  A box of socks.  Random socks, including one of my Darn Tough hiking socks that has been missing for a good while.  Why on earth would someone stuff random socks into a little box?  I don't think even Dr. Suess could solve this one.

Church in an hour.  But first, 

Coffee!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Do we have to go to the doctor? We've never had a tick. I got it correctly no problem. 

No, if you removed it successfully and he's not sick, there's nothing the doctor would do. Make a note on your calendar just in case anything arises later, but most tick bites don't cause anything, especially with prompt removal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Slache said:

Do we have to go to the doctor? We've never had a tick. I got it correctly no problem. 

3 hours ago, 73349 said:

No, if you removed it successfully and he's not sick, there's nothing the doctor would do. Make a note on your calendar just in case anything arises later, but most tick bites don't cause anything, especially with prompt removal.

Also, if you are worried you can put the tick in a baggie in the freezer.  If the tick was on him for less than 24 hours it's very unlikely that an illness would be transmitted.  The bite may be red and itchy for a while and that's normal.  Just keep an eye out for illness (with or without a rash) over the next few weeks.

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!

Green Tea!! (I am trying intermittent fasting and the way I drink COFFEE!!~D doesn’t work for IF, so it is Green Tea first thing in the morning. COFFEE!!~D will come in a few hours)

Monday!!

I have three weeks left of summer break. I need to make them count. Today, I plan on getting more reading done and watching another one of those Hillsdale College videos on Russia. I also need to get going on my office.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dd15:  imagine a creature's height was based on how many legs they have. 
humans - 2 feet tall
dogs, cats, and horses - 4 feet tall        
ants - 6 feet tall
spiders - 8 feet tall     
centipedes - 😭    
snakes - 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ikslo said:

It was awful. BUT I now am officially registered and licensed to drive in CA. Woohoo

AND I had all the necessary paperwork to wait in 8 lines and do all the things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Did you know you can make an appointment and skip the lines?

It wouldn’t let me! and I tried to do stuff online first but the email verification portion was down so it wouldn’t let me because it wouldn’t complete my account/profile without the verification. And for some reason switching from another state wasn’t a kiosk activity (grrr) so lines everywhere. It was okay though. Everyone at the counters was nice and I only had to listen to a few stories about drug overdoses and purse stealing and whatnot from those in line with me 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good Morning!!

Not COFFEE!!~D (Green tea in the morning now. COFFEE!!~D is now iced in the afternoon)

Tuesday!!

I am for some reason awake at the ungodly hour of 5:00am when I am supposed to be on summer vacation. It’s too hot to sleep (we do sleep with the AC on, but it’s still too hot. I hate sleeping with the AC when I have a cold because it dries out the air and I always wake up coughing in the middle of the night.) I had bad dreams, too. So, since DH is up anyway, I just decided to get up.

I’m having a couple of friends over this morning to chat. I need to take a load to the thrift store. I need to continue work on the Office of Doom. And I need to keep plowing through my Nicholas and Alexandra book and also “Crime and Punishment” which is not going to be an easy read.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ikslo said:

It wouldn’t let me! and I tried to do stuff online first but the email verification portion was down so it wouldn’t let me because it wouldn’t complete my account/profile without the verification. And for some reason switching from another state wasn’t a kiosk activity (grrr) so lines everywhere. It was okay though. Everyone at the counters was nice and I only had to listen to a few stories about drug overdoses and purse stealing and whatnot from those in line with me 😂

You know, it always amazes me the people at the DMV. I’m sorry you couldn’t make an appointment. The DMV always stresses me out because I’m afraid I’m doing to be missing the correct document and then have to start the whole process again. That has happened. Bureaucracy at its finest. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Good morning!

I do not have to go to the DMV.  But I do get to take dd17 to the imaging center for a pneumonia followup lung xray.  Also I still need to call the social security administration. Svengo.  And transfer some money for ds19's college bill which is due shortly.

The girls have taken over cleaning out Married Girls' bedroom.  They are not terribly efficient at it, but I guess they're learning.  Dd15 wants to move into it before school starts. Also it is a way to avoid doing math.

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I called the gobment.  It was not terribly helpful but that's just due to the fact that it takes months to get paperwork approved and so forth.  Then since I was on a roll I called the groomer and got both dogs scheduled for the morning we get back from Minnesota.  Also I transferred money and now I need to do some other financial wrangling with the university.  Yay.  

Little Pup is barking at babies again.

• Like 2

School cabinet cleaned out, dinner going and siggy updated. Decided to forego logic for one more year. Isaac is still 3 for a few more weeks.

Bible Journaling, Adam To Us, CKE Creation Science
DS8th: Derek Owens, OYAN, Reading Koine Greek, ULAT Spanish, Homemade Japanese, Violin
DD6th: Saxon, IEW SSS+FI, Elementary Greek 2, Spanish For Children B, Piano, Violin, Artistic Pursuits Watercolor
DS3rd: Ray's, IEW SSS+FI, Hey Andrew Greek 3, SFC A, Piano, Artistic Pursuits Watercolor
DS4yo: Being as problematic as humanly possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Dd17's lungs got their closeup and I have somewhat managed to navigate my way through the University financial aid website.  

I keep thinking it's Wednesday.

It's Friday. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The girls said the other crews on the kayaking trek were from Georgia, Texas, Kansas, and Arizona.  The crew from Arizona had a few who were French. 😊  I might not have mentioned that dd17 has now earned the BSA Grand Slam award, signifying completion of all four high adventure treks - Philmont, Sea Base, Northern Tier, and Summit Bechtel. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Good morning!

I went to the Old Time jam last night.  It was a lot of fun, though once again I knew maybe 2 out of 25 of the tunes, aside from the ones I suggested which only one other person in the group knew.  They were all game to try them though, so that was nice.  Jamie Allen and Old Aunt Jenny With Her Nightcap On.

Awake at dark o'clock again.  I'm planning a trip to the bank and Aldi this morning, then string quartet this afternoon.  The girls have a birthday party tonight but that's about it for today.  I need to box up some things from the girls' room.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

Green Tea!

Humph Day!!

I slept late this morning!! Still not feeling 100%.

Gotta take DD1 to the bank this morning and open her an account. 

The office is close to being cleaned up!

I want to also finish the photo book of our trip. If that doesn’t get done this summer it never will.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hummingbirds are funny. I had this one feeder that was more aesthetic looking and it never got any customers . Finally, I tossed that and got a bright, red plastic one....I refill it twice a week. There's always 2 or 3 of them chasing each other around it.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4