• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

7 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Well you made it here, so that's a Big Win in my book!

ETA: I am attempting to limit the number of commas so as to avoid annoying Slachey. 🤣

I think we need to annoy Slashie. She has been avoiding us like the plague (of grackles).🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday I finished a book that I started a long time ago called How to Keep House While Drowning by KC Davis.  It's a remarkable book and I highly recommend it.

I've now started Three Cups of Tea which is pretty interesting so far.

We're having BLT sandwiches and a cucumber basil salad for dinner.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Susan in TN said:

We're having BLT sandwiches and a cucumber basil salad for dinner.

Baby and I had a late lunch. We went to Big 5 and the AFSA. We had sauteed chicken tenderloin with stir fried butternut squash and yams. It was delicious. And I feel very healthy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have grackles.  Dh turns into the old man running outside waving his hands at them when they come around.  They swarm the feeders and eat all the seed and bully the smaller birds.  But we have some blue jays that bully the grackles right back and refuse to leave.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

We have grackles.  Dh turns into the old man running outside waving his hands at them when they come around.  They swarm the feeders and eat all the seed and bully the smaller birds.  But we have some blue jays that bully the grackles right back and refuse to leave.  

We have stellar jays (a kind of blue jay with a black head). And flickers - really big striped woodpeckers. And lately we have a had a huge band tailed pigeon visiting. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Junie said:

(((Jean)))

You're going to do just fine! Praying for you!

Trying to juggle camp and this other thing is going to kill me.  I just got around to printing out the camp contract that I received last week.  I missed yesterday's deadline for a deposit.  (I don't think that it will be an issue but eek!) 

• Like 3

Good morning!

It's Friday!

I don't seem to be able to sleep more than 6 hours, but at least I'm getting that much most nights lately.  My stabbing shoulder pain returned this morning, but usually after a couple ibuprofen and some time it will be manageable.  I am planning to run a couple errands and grocery shop this morning.  This afternoon is the music camp concert and the girls come home.  

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday!!!

we’re having a big, potentially expensive bad thing. Yesterday DS said the floor in his bathroom was hot. Looks like the hot water pipe is leaking or burst. Our house is built on a concrete slab, so i don’t know how all that is supposed to work, but I was hearing the word “jack hammer”.

• Sad 4

We had a short gully-washer on the way home from Music Camp.  Chester is overjoyed that the girls are home!  The orchestra played very well and dds were surprisingly adept at playing jazz solos in their small ensembles.  They had an amazing week.  Now time for showers and dd16 has to do laundry and pack for an overnight birthday shindig of a friend.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Last night of VBS. i have a horrible head ache. i think it is sinus.

I woke up with a horrible headache at 2am last night. I hardly ever wake in the night with a headache like that. Somehow it went away but I hope it doesn't mean my cycle has returned. I'm going hiking tomorrow.

Ugh, I hate sinus stuff. I know you said you can't do Afrin. Have you tried the Neil-med rinse bottles? Costco has them.

• Like 5

Morning Happy Saturday.

Today is laundry day.  And organizing day.  And some paperwork day.   I have a lot of reorganizing I want to do around the house but it would probably be easier to wait until 4th of July week when I'm off but dh will be at work.  It's hard to get things big cleaning/organizing done when he's here watching tv. 

Both kids had their yearly physicals this past week.  Both are healthy, no concerns, growing well.  

It's been raining, sometimes torrentially, for the past couple days.  So no trips to the lake. 

• Like 5

Good morning. 

It was another rough night. Not cuz of today’s talk or anything. 

I was in a fair amount of pain so I took a pain pill before bed but it did nothing. 

Then it was hot. I have to figure out a solution because where the a/c is, Juliet doesn’t like it and will refuse to come to bed. So I had it on beforehand to cool things down and then turned it off but it was too hot. 

Juliet asked to go outside around six. I put her outside and then turned on the a/c. Then fell asleep again. I woke up an hour later than usual but it won’t impact my schedule because I don’t leave until right after a very small lunch. (Small because there will be food at the tea. ).

• Like 2

Our bedroom doesn't have air conditioning because it was just dh building walls around our bed. We have a fan in the wall to bring in air but dh can't sleep with it on so the bedroom gets really hot sometimes.  And then I was getting hot flashes/night sweats for a while and it was a miserable situation.

I bought this cooling blanket, at the suggestion of someone here on the forums, and it really works very well.  I use it over a sheet and it works fine through that layer. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09PJ9V8MT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1