Menu

Ignore this thread!

4 minutes ago, Dianthus said:

Are you drinking plenty of water during the day?

Tons.  Certainly more than I used to when I didn't have this problem.  I'm actually wondering if I'm drinking too much water and not enough electrolytes.  But that doesn't make sense either given my diet.  

Could this be a hormonal/menopause thing?

ETA:  Ugh, a dry mouth booya.  Why have all my booyas lately been for yucky stuff?  Am I only posting yucky stuff?  I don't think I am.  I'm pretty sure I also post boring stuff.

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 2

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Just now, Wheres Toto said:

Tons.  Certainly more than I used to when I didn't have this problem.  I'm actually wondering if I'm drinking too much water and not enough electrolytes.  But that doesn't make sense either given my diet.  

Could this be a hormonal/menopause thing?

Maybe if you have allergies and are congested, you are mouth breathing at night?

• Like 1

Good morning!

Toto, I hope you can find a cause - that's kinda miserable!

I think we have transportation figured out for the day.  Ds27 and dd20 have work, ds18 has a cello lesson, and I am going to a luncheon and sewing kit assembly thing later this morning.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

You might love it and/or get more out of it than I did.  It was on the NYT best sellers list, so I am assuming there is something to the book that I am just not getting!  It's me, not you? 😂

I love his writing, so there’s that. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I would bet that it’s the bad air quality. Maybe. I’m not actually much of a gambler. 

That was my first thought because I'm pretty sure it started the day we first had effects from the wildfires, but it's still bad and our air quality is pretty much normal now.   Unless it's lingering effects that will take some time to fully clear away.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

You might love it and/or get more out of it than I did.  It was on the NYT best sellers list, so I am assuming there is something to the book that I am just not getting!  It's me, not you? 😂

I would agree with you that there is not much of a plot so far, but Gentleman in Moscow didn't have much of a plot. I like this book, though, because it's like hanging out with the cool kids doing cool things in New York City.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

well, I’m about half way through it. Started it this morning.🤣 I’m kind of surprised because I tend to like action packed plot driven novels, and this is not that, but Towles’ writing really just sucks me in. I don’t know what it is, but i find it kind of intoxicating.

• Like 2

Good morning!  Happy Flag Day! 🇺🇸

I was up for quite a while in the night, first with stomach cramps and then with foot cramps.  I got up this morning to put breakfast together but started feeling super hot and sick and fainty so I went back to bed.  Dd20 is going to bring her sister to a pool party and I will go pick her up this afternoon.  Maybe I will go to Aldi later today depending on how I feel.

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

well, I’m about half way through it. Started it this morning.🤣 I’m kind of surprised because I tend to like action packed plot driven novels, and this is not that, but Towles’ writing really just sucks me in. I don’t know what it is, but i find it kind of intoxicating.

It may be that I didn't read it fast enough to get a good sense of the characters.  And I had a week break from it when we were on The Island.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Dianthus said:

Dd13 needs reading material. Sigh. I'm combing through all the curriculum lit packages trying to find books she hasn't read. But really, she doesn't need reading material. She needs to do her last 4 math lessons!

Could you go to the library and get 4 books she'd like and give her one after she does each?

We are also team Math Not Done... in DS's defense, though, this is a really thorough geometry course. He *must* finish before scout camp.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, 73349 said:

Could you go to the library and get 4 books she'd like and give her one after she does each?

We are also team Math Not Done... in DS's defense, though, this is a really thorough geometry course. He *must* finish before scout camp.

Our main laptop broke so all math is on hiatus.  I need to get a replacement laptop but have not had the gumption to get in to it.  Ds27 said he would help me pick something out and transfer files.  The Students are not upset at this development in the least, lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am drinking my last cuppa Market Spice Cinnamon Orange tea!  There is much rejoicing in the land because as much as I like the cinnamon orange tea, I am tired of it after an entire month.  Next up- Darjeeling loose leaf tea. 

Cinnamon orange is more of a fall/winter tea anyway. 

• Like 3

Nobody was home this afternoon so I just laid around and read. I finished “Rules of Civility.” I am so far behind in my reading. Last year I read 44 books. This year I have only read 13 so far, but the year is almost half over. 

I have a chicken pot pie in the oven and watermelon cut up. I feel like I should make a salad, but…. nah.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

Good morning!

I slept well, though woke up an hour before necessary.  Oh well.  Nearly 7 hours of sleep is pretty good.  Ds18 is going in to a new job for paperwork and maybe work.  He's not sure.  He has a hard time remembering/processing that kind of information, so he'll go in and just do whatever.  I'm planning to go to Aldi after Dd20 gets back from running an errand.  Nothing much else going on today.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Dh got up before 5 because he was hot but it woke me and I can never go back to sleep. I did a real workout today, 30 min. First time in a month. My hamstring still hasn't fully recovered from January injury. I need to start getting the kids up earlier so they'll go to bed earlier so I get more sleep. It's been a vicious cycle.

Finishing my last school reporting today.

Dh put a white bib on dd2 last night, and we had curry for dinner. That is all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ds18 is still at his new job.  I hope things are going well.  He left in good time to get there early but didn't have his SS card and so had to come back home to find it.  Dd24 is in Michigan with friends.  I am trying to decide what kind of soup to make for dinner.  I think it will be Kansas City Steak soup.

• Like 3