• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Images lie.  39fUFPL.jpg?1

You would think this was a heartwarming story of a girl and her bunny.  Instead, naughty Rusty lunged and grunted at me when I tried to give him the clover.  Ingrate!  (He later ate it.)  In the photo, Dd has scooped him up and is holding him to show him that he's not boss.  He thumped at her when she put him down.  

• Like 7

The Book of the Dun Cow by Walter Wangerin, Jr. If all or most your kids participate in read-aloud time, that is a perfect choice. You might find it at the public library, and you can usually find super cheap used copies on abebooks.com. This is the book that brought life back to story time for me.

ETA: there is some implied violence and deep sadness which involves the killing/death of baby chickens (chickens are the main characters) so you might want to pre-read to see how you want to handle those portions.

Finally remembered to search the library catalog for this.  It appears they don't have it.  I'll add it to my amazon wish list.  (And pre-read to see how it is.  I'm likely the one to be too sensitive, lol.)

• Like 1

How are you, Susan? Hope you are feeling better!

Thanks, Lynn -

Dh ran to the corner store for ice cream which made my face feel nice and cool for a bit. I heart dh.

I think it will be back to drugs in a minute. I feel wracked with guilt over missing orchestra rehearsal tonight - the concert is next week.

I have tried to watch Downton Abby but cannot keep my attention on anything for more than 3 minutes. I probably need some hydroxycut. :D

• Like 6

Thanks, Lynn -

Dh ran to the corner store for ice cream which made my face feel nice and cool for a bit. I heart dh.

I think it will be back to drugs in a minute. I feel wracked with guilt over missing orchestra rehearsal tonight - the concert is next week.

I have tried to watch Downton Abby but cannot keep my attention on anything for more than 3 minutes. I probably need some hydroxycut. :D

Mothers are not allowed to feel guilty about putting themselves first. We must put ourselves first in order to be there to take care of our families. It will not matter in a month that you missed orchestra practice. What will matter is that you were well enough to go to the concert because took care of yourself.

• Like 6

Good morning, my pretties!

Mount Laundry was not conquered yesterday so that has been pushed to today.

Sorry you didn't sleep well, Open. Dh and I stayed up late having one of those long conversations about faith and deep thoughts, which was really nice. I dare say that is what we were doing while y'all were fighting off spammers. I did not get nearly enough sleep, but it was worth it because I get to start the day with a warm, fuzzy feeling:-)

:grouphug: on the dd thing, Renai. You are a good mom. She will get there because she has you:-)

I have to work on my posture.

Those are my random thoughts for the morning. Carry on.

Good evening.

About Mt. Washmore - no comment

Conversations with dh about faith and deep thoughts are rarely long or deep.

Or she´ll get there despite of me.

I´m currently slouching in bed with a laptop.

That's about it.

• Like 5

Back from the fair!  America's oldest.

Once again we came, we saw, we conquered.  Little Duck says we rocked the socks offa it.  She got that from you, Texie.   :wub:  Saw shows and friends, avoided petting zoos, hit just the right number of rides, ate a large pepperoni pizza and two fried doughs (the whole gang; not me alone), and even did the rodeo.  

It was cold, though.  Beautiful weather, but cold.  Nice to be in my pj's and cozy robe with a cuppa at my side.  (Couldn't resist.)

• Like 5

Back from the fair! America's oldest.

Once again we came, we saw, we conquered. Little Duck says we rocked the socks offa it. She got that from you, Texie. :wub: Saw shows and friends, avoided petting zoos, hit just the right number of rides, ate a large pepperoni pizza and two fried doughs (the whole gang; not me alone), and even did the rodeo.

It was cold, though. Beautiful weather, but cold. Nice to be in my pj's and cozy robe with a cuppa at my side. (Couldn't resist.)

Awwww. I don't even remember saying that. Lol
  • Like 3

Back from the fair!  America's oldest.

Once again we came, we saw, we conquered.  Little Duck says we rocked the socks offa it.  She got that from you, Texie.   :wub:  Saw shows and friends, avoided petting zoos, hit just the right number of rides, ate a large pepperoni pizza and two fried doughs (the whole gang; not me alone), and even did the rodeo.  

It was cold, though.  Beautiful weather, but cold.  Nice to be in my pj's and cozy robe with a cuppa cuppah at my side.  (Couldn't resist.)

Weird.

I have no idea why I just quoted myself here.  

Points nevertheless.

• Like 2