Menu

Ignore this thread!

It takes really really hot weather and a lot of exercise before I break a sweat. I don't know why I have trouble sweating. If I had to exercise until I sweat a certain amount of time, I'd die before I'd sweat. It's terrible.

If you want to use the method then don't go by sweat, just work out really hard for 5 minutes. It's the workout and raised heart rate that does it, sweating is just a great indicator that you're pushing hard enough for most people.

• Like 1

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

That music video is pretty cute.  :)

I was on a planning kick, and then the kids came home and then dh brought home a replacement TV for the one that died, and now it is harder to plan.  My office is in the living area.  No one ever assigned me a quieter one.  You'd think I could at least rate a cubicle.  

• Like 3

I have not showered today, either, but I showered late last night so I think I'm good for now.

That massage lady did some major stuff to my hips.  She says I had tight hip flexors, and she beat me up until they let her win or something, and now I feel better.

• Like 6

If you want to use the method then don't go by sweat, just work out really hard for 5 minutes. It's the workout and raised heart rate that does it, sweating is just a great indicator that you're pushing hard enough for most people.

Isn't this what circuit training does? Work out really hard (like cardio) for a set amount of time and alternate with a different type of exercise or something, like abs?

• Like 1

I have not showered today, either, but I showered late last night so I think I'm good for now.

That massage lady did some major stuff to my hips. She says I had tight hip flexors, and she beat me up until they let her win or something, and now I feel better.

I have amazing hip flexors. I can do a side lunge so deep I'm sitting on the floor. The other flexors in there are bad. That's what's wrong with my pelvis.

I have a twice-dropped food story. We had a container of cherry tomatoes and the little one dropped it on the floor. Tomatoes everywhere. The next day, I opened the fridge door, and the tomatoes fell everywhere AGAIN. I only wash veggies right before use, so of course I place them back in the fridge as-is. A couple of days later, dh is home and cooks. I'm eating, then remember the only tomatoes in the house were twice-dropped. No, he doesn't make a habit of washing many of the veggies before he cooks them. I could tell he was trying not to think about it as he finished his meal.

• Like 4

Isn't this what circuit training does? Work out really hard (like cardio) for a set amount of time and alternate with a different type of exercise or something, like abs?

No. You have to actually stop and rest for a few minutes to release the hormone. Circuit training is great for strength. Running faster, doing more pushups, lifting heavier, things like that. It burns fat well, but this works faster.

• Like 2

I love cilantro.  You are a good cook, Renai.  I can tell from here!

After working all day on my co op plan, I have seven weeks planned.  I had to do some hard figuring to get the semester break to fall at the right place in the curriculum and also combined two lessons into one so had to cut some stuff.  I'm making a long list of copies of materials I need.  I think I have done pretty well for today, and I have a better idea of how all these books tie together.  I am working with four different books/teacher's manuals and two different syllabi.  It is a lot of juggling on the couch.

Ds12 is making chicken nachos with beans and cheese for dinner so bless him for that.  I did remember to crock pot the chicken breasts I forgot about yesterday in the midst of Syrupocalypse.

• Like 2

I shop, I cook, I do all the things.  Except dh overbuys fresh berries which take up space and go bad until I throw them away.  He does that.

I, too, never grocery shop.  DH has been doing it ever since DS was born.

#IadmitIamspoiled

• Like 1

Well, you are a silly old bear.  You could be the ITT threads own teddy bear.  But that might conflict with your nunchuck flinging image.  (do they fling them?  whip them around?)

How should I know?  I just like to say nunchucks.

(The whip them around.  When I try, I always hurt myself though.)

• Like 1