• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I was thinking 10 OT, 3 NT.

It depends on how long are the OT chapters. Some are quite long and unwieldy. When I was young, I read through the entire OT. When I was in a Bible study a few years ago, a Messianic Jew told me I knew more about the OT than she did. :lol:  I've yet to read all of the NT. I believe there are plans that help break up the readings as OT, NT, and something from Psalms. I'd have to google for it, or I'll check my Bible app (Youversion).

Gotcha.  Monday July 20th it is.  I CAN'T WAIT!   

RULE #1:  No quitting at Leviticus.  Is this Genesis to Revelation in order of books?

What's wrong with Leviticus? I happen to like that book. It's so precise and tedious. 

• Like 1

What's wrong with Leviticus? I happen to like that book. It's so precise and tedious. 

There are so many pictures of Christ in it. I would love to do an in depth study of it because I'm sure there is a ton we're missing.

Good.  Do you have a plan already printed out?  Or just doing the next thing?

Just the next thing.

• Like 2

Tell them you can take a half time position.  If they don't have one, it was not meant to be. 

I'll try this.

I guess I'll try it sooner than later. The principle just called me from her cell phone.

ETA: principAL.

• Like 3

There are so many pictures of Christ in it. I would love to do an in depth study of it because I'm sure there is a ton we're missing.

Just the next thing.

Perfect.  I love it.  And thumbs up to the Leviticus study.

Pizza's ready!  Off and running on the whole dinner/teethbrushing/Tolkien/bedtime thing…. Will check back in later.  

• Like 2

Just the next thing.

Perfect.  I love it.  And thumbs up to the Leviticus study.

Pizza's ready!  Off and running on the whole dinner/teethbrushing/Tolkien/bedtime thing…. Will check back in later.  

Cool. First, the Bible in 90 days, then a Leviticus study.

• Like 2

Now now let's not be too hasty lol

I tried a summer hive fast....I lasted less than a week, 90 days. I would have time to keep up with my housework....oh h*ll no, I am not ready to go that crazy yet

I did it for 40. I'm not catholic but lent is well discussed and I like to do something healthy with that time.

• Like 1

Ahhhhhh.

So time for me to figure out photobucket.  

It's free and easy.  Also, there is a mobile phone app that I use to upload my pics from my phone.  It is awesome.  That's how I post so many pics so quickly.  I am not into technology, so if I can do it, anyone can.

• Like 1

My ds, age 3, will not eat dinners.  He sits there and makes articulate suggestions for other things he might like, but will not even taste the food before him.  "Maybe I could have some macawoni and cheese?"  "You already ate all that up, son."  "Maybe I could have some fwench fwies?"  "You ate all those up at lunch."

He howls when desert is served to his sister and not to him, but it doesn't make him eat.  He waits until breakfast, when he will eat half a box of Cheerios in a sitting.  Aaaargh. 

It was really good chicken, too, but no. 

I'm open to suggestions, if you have any great ideas!

Oh, it has a name!  You all have seen my house right now.  The front door is blocked.  If anyone broke in and tried to rob the place, he would turn right around because it looks like a major robbery and tossing of the home has already occurred.  

The name is courtesy of Flylady.

• Like 4

My ds, age 3, will not eat dinners.  He sits there and makes articulate suggestions for other things he might like, but will not even taste the food before him.  "Maybe I could have some macawoni and cheese?"  "You already ate all that up, son."  "Maybe I could have some fwench fwies?"  "You ate all those up at lunch."

He howls when desert is served to his sister and not to him, but it doesn't make him eat.  He waits until breakfast, when he will eat half a box of Cheerios in a sitting.  Aaaargh. 

Make sure there is one food he likes at dinner.  Put a bit of everything on his plate, including the food he likes.  Pray.  Drink alcohol.  Know that he will not be three forever.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 7

My ds, age 3, will not eat dinners. He sits there and makes articulate suggestions for other things he might like, but will not even taste the food before him. "Maybe I could have some macawoni and cheese?" "You already ate all that up, son." "Maybe I could have some fwench fwies?" "You ate all those up at lunch."

He howls when desert is served to his sister and not to him, but it doesn't make him eat. He waits until breakfast, when he will eat half a box of Cheerios in a sitting. Aaaargh.

I made her eat it for breakfast if she was acting like that. It ended quickly. It's her choice of whether or not to eat and how much so once it's on the plate it's her responsibility within reason.

• Like 1

And have sympathy for sensory issues. My kids don't eat brussels sprouts. Not because they're brats but they truly think they're gross. They eat broccoli and spinach but I don't make them eat brussels sprouts because I respect their feelings.

• Like 3

Youngest and I are playing Jenga. :D

We went mini-golfing last weekend, and as we were leaving the guy in the shack pointed us towards the "more games in the back for free."  So we walked around back to check it out and there was a giant outdoor Jenga game!  So cool.  If we ever win the lottery and buy a house at the beach, we are definitely going to have Giant Jenga.  DH just sat and watched while DS and I played.  The stack of 2x4 blocks was over DS's head by the end off each game, and I was petrified that it was going to collapse on him.  But we kept playing anyway because who doesn't like Giant Jenga??!!!???

ETA: Myy y z f and x keys are still sticking.  Grrr

• Like 2

By the way, how does one post photos?  Like, from my desktop?  

I upload to photobucket and then copy the direct link and use that to post.  I don't know if it is possible to post without a hosting service.

In order to post my Avatar, I had to post it to another homeschool board I used to hang on, then copy that photo to my desktop, and then it would post.  It was a size thing.  The other site effectively crunched the file for me.  :)

And have sympathy for sensory issues. My kids don't eat brussels sprouts. Not because they're brats but they truly think they're gross. They eat broccoli and spinach but I don't make them eat brussels sprouts because I respect their feelings.

I don't like brussel sprouts either, so I agree!

• Like 1

I made her eat it for breakfast if she was acting like that. It ended quickly. It's her choice of whether or not to eat and how much so once it's on the plate it's her responsibility within reason.

Hmmm.  It may yet come to that. 

I am working on a class assignment about my philosophy of play. I'm making a prezi presentation. How does this look so far? I am nowhere being finished, but it is due tomorrow: http://prezi.com/tq7cb6v918ui/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy

Thanks!

OOOOOooooooo!

I LOVE Prezi presentations!

Yours looks great!  I must confess that I am always spellbound by them (my dh makes them a lot for work) so the first few times I run one I just sort of zone out in hypnotic awe....

But now I'm snapping myself out of it and will go and actually READ yours.   :D

Review forthcoming...

• Like 1

OOOOOooooooo!

I LOVE Prezi presentations!

Yours looks great!  I must confess that I am always spellbound by them (my dh makes them a lot for work) so the first few times I run one I just sort of zone out in hypnotic awe....

But now I'm snapping myself out of it and will go and actually READ yours.   :D

Review forthcoming...

Lol! Prezi is my new best friend. I had the most awesome powerpoint presentations in my class once I figured it out. I used to get compliments on them. So I decided to challenge myself with Prezi - short, precise, packing a lot in a little space.

I'm still moving things around, so I don't know what it will look like on your end.

ETA: Booya, etc...

I think it is calcium, and they can feed the shells back to the chickens.  Ewwww.

Thank you.  Unfortunately for the source of the eggs, I am NOT going to pass this nugget of wisdom along to those neighbors.  They are now on the family black list.  I wish I had known sooner.

MIL and FIL have helped these neighbors numerous times with big (bigger than they needed to be) projects around their place and taking care of their animals (lots of large and small animals on 5 acres) while they were gone.  MIL and FIL had just done yet another round of caring for their animals, and it was even more detailed and more demanding than before.  When they came back and they proceeded to complain about how the job was done, though all animals were alive, well fed, well watered, sheltered, and healthy.  They might be mad about one comment one of the teen grandkids made as he was over there helping MIL and FIL to care for certain critters -- it turns out they have cameras EVERYWHERE that capture sound as well as video, and they monitor them constantly when they are gone.  One or more of those cameras might also be set to view across property lines, because they have always been a bit too aware of what projects FIL had going on at his own place.

They also were signed up to return the pet-sitting favor when MIL and FIL were going to be gone, but the day before (not at any time in the proceeding weeks) gave MIL and FIL a "pet-sitting contract" that they wanted signed basically giving them the right to do as they please, not be held accountable for anything that might happen, and have MIL and FIL fit the bill for anything they might decide to do.  The so-called contract was so outlandish, as was their request for MIL and FIL to vacate their own property according to the pet-sitting neighbor's schedule and be gone before they (the pet-sitting neighbors) came over to handle the animals, we suspect that they don't actually want to return the favor and instead wanted to get MIL and FIL to let them out of it.

Well, they got their wish.  MIL and FIL made other plans with another neighbor, who simply said, "Sure, be happy to!  Enjoy your trip and I'll keep you apprised of anything that happens."

MIL and FIL will not do any more favors for the stinky neighbors.  They will no longer cut up fallen trees for them, or build chicken palaces or mend fences or help in the very many and sundry ways these folks have requested so far.  They treated MIL and FIL with suspicion after begging for their help yet again, reneged on returning the favor, and generally have been very high maintenance neighbors with no benefit.

And I won't tell those foolish know-it-alls why their chickens lay eggs with such weak shells.

• Like 3

Love it, Renai.

It's so reassuring to me, too -- play has been so important to my children (especially Ds7) and yet I often guilt myself into thinking I'm not "rigorous" enough. But I guess I follow a philosophy of play for early childhood (and even later childhood).  I'm so glad I'm able to homeschool! 

• Like 1