• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Hi. Power has been out for 7 hours now. The neighborhood around us had their power come back but not us. I'm using up precious cell batteries to check in with you. And I found you saying nice things about me! We did go to a mall tonight but we didn't walk long. Dd was with us and was hacking away. A sweet little girl came up to him and asked him why he had "that thing" on his nose because he was wearing a mask to protect everyone from his contagion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I so hope that's not headed our way. I really don't want our poor housesitter to have to deal with an extended power outage. :(

• Like 1

Beast Academy 3C is so, so much easier than 3B. 3B even I had to think occasionally. 3c, she is tearing through. She's a linear thinker like her mom. At this rate we'll be able to start 4A before 4th grade.

I keep hearing this. Would you say it's acceptable to use 3C before 3B?
  • Like 1

Younger ds just creeped in. I think he is the only one up now. I don't think he'll destroy the house if I go to bed, but he might eat me out of house and home. Do you guys make sure your 10 & unders are asleep before you head to bed?

My "foster family" said no food, electronics or leaving after mom goes to bed.

Well, it was meant in a sweet way to celebrate Jean having her electricity come back on....but I'm probably too tired to screen for inappropriateness. I'll remove the link before I head to bed.

I took my nausea meds that make me stupid. I can't read or grammar so I'm sure it's just me. Sorry.

Younger ds just creeped in. I think he is the only one up now. I don't think he'll destroy the house if I go to bed, but he might eat me out of house and home. Do you guys make sure your 10 & unders are asleep before you head to bed?

We have discussed this over and over. The answer is always DUCT TAPE.

Silly prairiewindmomma.

• Like 6

Wee-ooh wim-o-weh. Wee-ooh wim-o-weh.

Wim-o-weh o-wim-o-weh o-wim-o-weh o-wim-o-weh

O-wim-o-weh o-wim-o-weh o-wim-weh.

In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight.

In the jungle, the quiet jungle, the lion sleeps tonight.

• Like 2

Hi. Power has been out for 7 hours now. The neighborhood around us had their power come back but not us. I'm using up precious cell batteries to check in with you. And I found you saying nice things about me! We did go to a mall tonight but we didn't walk long. Dd was with us and was hacking away. A sweet little girl came up to him and asked him why he had "that thing" on his nose because he was wearing a mask to protect everyone from his contagion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about you. :( Sorry about the power out. My neighbor has friends over with a SN kid who needs electricity for some pump (I did not pry). We miraculously have power--I think we live right by a power station. Soon we'll be further away and can expect power outages more often.

• Like 1

Wee-ooh wim-o-weh. Wee-ooh wim-o-weh.

In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight.

In the jungle, the quiet jungle, the lion sleeps tonight.

Now that's going to be stuck in my head...

• Like 1

I keep hearing this. Would you say it's acceptable to use 3C before 3B?

No, I would not say that is acceptable. I think they teach multiplication in a very spatial way which is difficult for linear thinkers, but there is no question that you NEED multiplication before you get to variables, fractions and division.

It is a slog, but I think both my daughter and I benefited from seeing multiplication taught that way. She still, like me, prefers the old algorithms that do ones, then the tens, then the hundreds, but being able to understand multiplication as a two or three-dimensional process I think is important for STEM students.

• Like 3

Oh! Oh oh oh! While I was lenting I had a dream about that chicken someone posted while I was sick. The chicken in the soup, remember? There were three in my dream and they were attacking me under command of this old headless lady in a blue floral dress. I was trying to escape in a wagon and the popular boys from high school were looking on in disappointment. They haven't aged. And there were corn fields. I blame Renai for that.

• Like 2

No, I would not say that is acceptable. I think they teach multiplication in a very spatial way which is difficult for linear thinkers, but there is no question that you NEED multiplication before you get to variables, fractions and division.

It is a slog, but I think both my daughter and I benefited from seeing multiplication taught that way. She still, like me, prefers the old algorithms that do ones, then the tens, then the hundreds, but being able to understand multiplication as a two or three-dimensional process I think is important for STEM students.

:blink: And I think it might be time for me to get some sleep.  I don't even know what this means.

• Like 3