Menu

Ignore this thread!

When did you tell her about the new baby? And when did you get really sick? She may be telling you that she's feeling a bit topsy-turvy.

Valid point. She's know about the idea of the baby for probably more than a year, but I've only been sick for a month and it's getting worse so that makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

How old were your girls when they were potty trained?

Eta: Le Booya

Mine was peeing in the potty by 2.  She was pooping in the potty, too, but had a problem with constipation.  She was 100% trained by 2 1/2.  She was an early talker, though, and was able to tell us when she needed to go and what she needed to do.

• Like 1

Mine was peeing in the potty by 2. She was pooping in the potty, too, but had a problem with constipation. She was 100% trained by 2 1/2. She was an early talker, though, and was able to tell us when she needed to go and what she needed to do.

She's behind in everything according to her pediatrician, but not enough to be worried.

Related to the above:  I know you mentioned earlier that John hit milestones much more quickly.  Don't know if this is similar or not, but my mom thought I was slooooooow.  My brother was really, really bright and I just followed along.  Mom went to our pediatrician out of concern that something was wrong with me.  His response:  "She'll do just fine once motormouth lets her get a word in edgewise."

(BTW, I'm smart.  Weird, but smart relative to the general population.)

• Like 5

I like the baby owners manual. I'll have to pull that out. I think it only covers the first year though.

There's a follow up, What to Expect:  The Toddler Years.

If you PM your address, I'll send it as Happy Pregnancy gift! :001_smile:   (I love babies-they are such wonderful blessings.  I wish I could have had more.  So you can be pregnant for both of us!)

There's a follow up, What to Expect: The Toddler Years.

If you PM your address, I'll send it as Happy Pregnancy gift! :001_smile: (I love babies-they are such wonderful blessings. I wish I could have had more. So you can be pregnant for both of us!)

I'll just get it from the library. I know you want to do something fun so I'll pm you when we have a gender. Then it will be really fun! Thank you. :)

• Like 1

Matt walked in "You look like a beached whale" immediately followed by "That was the wrong thing to say." He was referring to the way I was lifelessly laying there. He's very good at some things. Not so good at others.

I think you should have followed Renai's advice and gotten pinon nuts.  They would have been handy projectiles.

• Like 4

Have you considered adoption?

We did.  Neither one of us would do a domestic adoption.  We both worked in law enforcement and saw some horror stories.  We started the process to adopt from China, but stopped because of the cost.  We had to choose between me staying at home with the miracle we were given, or me having to work and only be with two part time.   We chose me staying home.  It was the right decision for us.

• Like 3

We did. Neither one of us would do a domestic adoption. We both worked in law enforcement and saw some horror stories. We started the process to adopt from China, but stopped because of the cost. We had to choose between me staying at home with the miracle we were given, or me having to work and only be with two part time. We chose me staying home. It was the right decision for us.

I know. It's insane. There are so many out there and I would take like 5, no questions asked, but they're $50,000 each.

• Like 2

I know. It's insane. There are so many out there and I would take like 5, no questions asked, but they're $50,000 each.

Well, the upside of China's policy is that they culturally favor adoption and older parents.  That plus the cost does land many of their orphans in much better circumstances here.

Well, the upside of China's policy is that they culturally favor adoption and older parents. That plus the cost does land many of their orphans in much better circumstances here.

But I would rather they all lived in loving homes, even if some had peanut butter and jelly every day for lunch, than so many be left behind.

Matt walked in "You look like a beached whale" immediately followed by "That was the wrong thing to say." He was referring to the way I was lifelessly laying there. He's very good at some things. Not so good at others.

I wish my arm was long enough to smack him upside the back of the head. At least he recognized it was the wrong thing to say. Too late, but, maybe next time.

Give him a coffee filter and label it "Brain to Mouth Filter" and give it to him. Report back whether he understands or not.

• Like 2

I wish my arm was long enough to smack him upside the back of the head. At least he recognized it was the wrong thing to say. Too late, but, maybe next time.

Give him a coffee filter and label it "Brain to Mouth Filter" and give it to him. Report back whether he understands or not.

He does this all of the time. He doesn't mean to.

"You look great now that you're not bloated anymore."

"You look good, you just still look pregnant."

"You look like a cockroach from this angle."

He doesn't mean anything by it. He's just an idiot (she said in a loving tone).

• Like 4

I just got an email from the education company I did contract work with. So, the curriculum I helped write was not ready for sale for the 2015-16 school year. They are moving on to phase 2, whatever that means, but could mean another contract and more work until the 2016-17 year when they hope to sell it. It is already being marketed and, it seems, piloted (they are making revisions based on feedback). Hopefully, they sell millions of dollars worth so I can get lots and lots of royalties and won't have to work outside the home anymore.  :nopity:

I'm tired.

I have homework due tonight (post), this past Saturday (assignment) and Wednesday (post), this upcoming Wednesday (assignment), and Friday (post). I hope to finish last Wednesday's post tonight, tonight's post tomorrow, and God knows how I'll fit the rest in. The professor said not to worry about turning things in late, but I want to finish.

I'm tired.

I'm going to ask for an extension for the prek documentation that supposed to be done by Wednesday. The other teacher has already asked for one, why not I, right?

I think I'm going to see how I do if I move the bp meds to night time instead of the morning, but not this week.

I have an appointment for a stress test next Friday. Yeah, it was supposed to be within the week, but they wanted it this Thursday morning and we have trouble finding subs. They only do it in the mornings and they're 4 hours long.  :ohmy:

Evening bp: 108/71

• Like 7

Maybe this will help him. Maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YCAp6Pxq-0

• Like 5

I just got an email from the education company I did contract work with. So, the curriculum I helped write was not ready for sale for the 2015-16 school year. They are moving on to phase 2, whatever that means, but could mean another contract and more work until the 2016-17 year when they hope to sell it. It is already being marketed and, it seems, piloted (they are making revisions based on feedback). Hopefully, they sell millions of dollars worth so I can get lots and lots of royalties and won't have to work outside the home anymore.  :nopity:

I'm tired.

I have homework due tonight (post), this past Saturday (assignment) and Wednesday (post), this upcoming Wednesday (assignment), and Friday (post). I hope to finish last Wednesday's post tonight, tonight's post tomorrow, and God knows how I'll fit the rest in. The professor said not to worry about turning things in late, but I want to finish.

I'm tired.

I'm going to ask for an extension for the prek documentation that supposed to be done by Wednesday. The other teacher has already asked for one, why not I, right?

I think I'm going to see how I do if I move the bp meds to night time instead of the morning, but not this week.

I have an appointment for a stress test next Friday. Yeah, it was supposed to be within the week, but they wanted it this Thursday morning and we have trouble finding subs. They only do it in the mornings and they're 4 hours long.  :ohmy:

Evening bp: 108/71

I like the BP.

:grouphug:  for the tired.

Literature discussion was wonderful. The only negative is that I came home to a house full of no one else has read it and so they can only smile and nod politely when I gush over snow references.

Lynn has inspired me to have some popcorn. I like mine with parmesan. I will make enough for everyone.

• Like 4

I need parenting advice.

Mary is rather non verbal and used to notify us that she needed a diaper change by walking up to us and standing at our feet. She also frequently pees on the potty (adult toilet with a kid's seat) for fun. For the past 3 days or so she has stopped telling us she needs a diaper change. Now she has diaper rash. Does this mean it's time to potty train her or something? She's about 2 1/2.

You can take off her diaper and let her go in the potty.  Just let her run around nekkie. 

About 2 1/2.  It was pretty much a non event both times.  My boys were not potty trained until closer to 3 1/2.  It was not a non-event.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 2

I went from the chiropractor to Starbucks with a friend, where I sat for 3 1/2 hours. Now, I am home. Ten years ago exactly, I was walking up and down the driveway in the dark crying and wailing and calling out to Jesus and telling the baby to come out in the name of Jesus. At 4:30 am, my water broke so it worked.

:lol: It's a baby, not a demon!

• Like 6

I went from the chiropractor to Starbucks with a friend, where I sat for 3 1/2 hours.  Now, I am home.  Ten years ago exactly, I was walking up and down the driveway in the dark crying and wailing and calling out to Jesus and telling the baby to come out in the name of Jesus.  At 4:30 am, my water broke so it worked.

Awww.   Happy Birthday, Tex's baby!!!

• Like 1

I've had such a day!

Today, two friends texted and called about the same person who has long-term mental health issues so that was about an hour and a half.  Then, an English parent/friend called, and that was over an hour.  My odd father called and left a message while I was on the phone with English parent.  He wanted to come over and fix the hole in the wall, but I am soon off to the chiropractor, and dh is having a man come to lay some wood flooring.

In between playing mental health professional, I did do school with little dd and even sneaked in extra since tomorrow is her bday.  True story:  She was shocked when she found that if you attend school, you do not get off your bday as a holiday. :lol:

You amaze me.  And in midst of all that you texted Duckie a pic of kitteh.  Which made her smile.   :thumbup1:

Have a fun bday day with dd tomorrow!  (Well, today, actually.  At least on the East Coast.  Which means I ought to go to bed now, but I shan't.)

• Like 3

All these remind me so much of this post, reposted by HRH George Takei and gone viral on reddit:

eYIlUYq.png?1

• Like 4

Ds8 was 3.5 for daytime continence.  (Nighttime is still an issue on occasion, though relieving constipation worked wonders in improving that chronic problem.) Dd 6 and Dd 5 were each about 2.5 to 3 when they were officially trained (as in, underwear with minimal supervision or reminders from me).  I'd hoped dd3 would follow the lead of her sisters, but no.  At 3.5 she'll use the potty about 50% of the time, but the other 50% is a gamble.  She may make it; she may not.  Chronic constipation is a major factor for her too so I'm taking it easy on her (and myself) -- probably too easy, but a) she's #4/5 so she's on her own for this one, and b) I doubt she'll be pull-ups at age 18, so I'm not gonna worry my pretty little head 'bout it.  

Honestly, I started ds's training too soon, and turned it into a long, painful process.  Yes, we got him through the day at about 3.5 yrs old, but it took over a year to get to that point.  Should've not worried and just trained him in a few weeks shortly before age 4.   You know Mary best, and your own stamina at this point as well.  Try what you are willing to try but if it's not working, don't think that she's abnormal or that you are a slacker.

• Like 1

Holy cow I got a Booya/Booyah!

• Like 8

I separate night training and day training. My kids were night-dry from like... literally three months they'd wake up dry and I'd pee them over the potty.

But then, THEY NEVER F*&%ING SLEPT SO NO SURPRISES THERE.

I'd take a bedwetter over a non-sleeper any day of the week. Literally. Take my insomniac children.

• Like 4

I separate night training and day training. My kids were night-dry from like... literally three months they'd wake up dry and I'd pee them over the potty.

But then, THEY NEVER F*&%ING SLEPT SO NO SURPRISES THERE.

I'd take a bedwetter over a non-sleeper any day of the week. Literally. Take my insomniac children.

:smilielol5: No thanks!

• Like 2