Menu

Ignore this thread!

I want to get pregnant in the fall. I want to lose more weight and we need a bigger car. We can't fit three castaways (ha! car seats) in the back of a prius. I would like a baby now, but it's a bad idea. Besides, I struggle in the heat add it is.

Summer pregnancy = bad. I was pregnant with my oldest that was born in September. Worse. summer. ever. I felt cold flashes in my stomach. Cold flashes! Who's ever heard of those??

But, hey, anything can happen. 

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I also like making plans. I have not made a syllabus though. I think I'd enjoy that. I need to create one for Spanish as a Heritage Language class. You must teach me this skill.

It is just a really detailed schedule.  You can do it!

I'm having all day, everyday asthma attacks and nothing is helping.

(((hugs)))

I had my first baby at the end of July.  I was due in August.  Bad idea.  Then I had two October babies.  Went through the summer in Texas pg.  Bad idea.  I had one baby in December.  Good idea.  When I was hot, I would just go stand outside in short sleeves.

• Like 2

What happened?

Since I've worked phone customer service before (from home), I try to be patient and understanding as much as possible. But, sometimes, someone does need to get reamed. I totally get that.

I give Tx the permission to take my long ranting PM to her and to consolidate into something that makes sense.  I have to go now and buy pizza for teens.  

I had my first baby at the end of July. I was due in August. Bad idea. Then I had two October babies. Went through the summer in Texas pg. Bad idea. I had one baby in December. Good idea. When I was hot, I would just go stand outside in short sleeves.

I had heat stroke two Sundays back to back. Now I can't handle the heat. At ALL.

It is just a really detailed schedule.  You can do it!

(((hugs)))

I had my first baby at the end of July.  I was due in August.  Bad idea.  Then I had two October babies.  Went through the summer in Texas pg.  Bad idea.  I had one baby in December.  Good idea.  When I was hot, I would just go stand outside in short sleeves.

That was so me with 2nd dd. She was due in December (born in January, the stinker!), and I often would stand outside with nuthin'. And it gets cold in the mountains, ok? Even during her labor, I wanted ice, not heat.

I love you, Jean.  (((hugs)))

Jean has been trying to get needed prescription meds since Friday, but she has encountered multiple delays and incompetence on the part of (mostly) pharmacy staff.  She received an apology and expedited shipping on meds only after asking for an apology.  All of this frustration has not improved her health problems or her mental health status!

Jean needs chocolate, hugs and love, STAT!

• Like 9

I had heat stroke two Sundays back to back. Now I can't handle the heat. At ALL.

The older I get, the less I can handle the heat.  It makes me sick.  I feel like I am going to pass out and throw up.  The good news is that I am too old to be pregnant any more.

• Like 1

We ordered some gluten free items from Katz, and one of them was a small cherry pie, which was really tasty.

Dh smoked a brisket, which turned out good, and we have been eating it for two days.  We have also used the opportunity to say crude, double entendre remarks to each other which go over the kids' heads.  It's awesome.  :D

• Like 2

The older I get, the less I can handle the heat. It makes me sick. I feel like I am going to pass out and throw up. The good news is that I am too old to be pregnant any more.

I know other women who have thought the same thing. ;)

• Like 2

We ordered some gluten free items from Katz, and one of them was a small cherry pie, which was really tasty.

Dh smoked a brisket, which turned out good, and we have been eating it for two days. We have also used the opportunity to say crude, double entendre remarks to each other which go over the kids' heads. It's awesome. :D

We are terrible parents. It wasn't until John rubbed my butt and said "that's nice" that Matt stopped constantly molesting me in front of the kids.

• Like 4

Jean has been trying to get needed prescription meds since Friday, but she has encountered multiple delays and incompetence on the part of (mostly) pharmacy staff.  She received an apology and expedited shipping on meds only after asking for an apology.  All of this frustration has not improved her health problems or her mental health status!

What I wrote on my tackle thread:

"Long back and forth with doctor and pharmacy to get my meds after 6 days without and daily increasing pain.  There might have been some heated words exchanged with the office manager of the pharmacy.  

Going to get some temporary meds while I wait for the real meds to be delivered in a couple of days (they are specialty meds that can't be gotten normally). "

I'm still here because ds is soldering the guts of his electric guitar and I have to wait for him before we can go order enough pizza to feed a (small) army.  

We are terrible parents. It wasn't until John rubbed my butt and said "that's nice" that Matt stopped constantly molesting me in front of the kids.

When we kiss, two of our kids gawk.

Not really related but a bad and funny story:  When little dd was five years old, we had a babysitter (college student) who was a large lady.  Little dd grabbed her butt with both hands, squeezed, and said, "Impressive!"

Very little embarrasses me, but that did it.

• Like 3

What I wrote on my tackle thread:

"Long back and forth with doctor and pharmacy to get my meds after 6 days without and daily increasing pain.  There might have been some heated words exchanged with the office manager of the pharmacy.  

Going to get some temporary meds while I wait for the real meds to be delivered in a couple of days (they are specialty meds that can't be gotten normally). "

I'm still here because ds is soldering the guts of his electric guitar and I have to wait for him before we can go order enough pizza to feed a (small) army.  

Jean said guts!  I think that is funny taht your ds is soldering the guts of his electric guitar.  Nothing else about the above is funny, though.  I'm thinking of getting all my energy together and adding you to my list of people to advocate for.  I'm formidable when I'm on my game.

• Like 1

This is LOL.

When we kiss, two of our kids gawk.

Not really related but a bad and funny story:  When little dd was five years old, we had a babysitter (college student) who was a large lady.  Little dd grabbed her butt with both hands, squeezed, and said, "Impressive!"

Very little embarrasses me, but that did it.

This is Whoa.

Thankfully dd knows not to grab anyone's boobs. She used to grab her sister's when I wasn't available, but we had to let her know that sissy doesn't have what she wanted.

In other news, dd (almost 4.5) is going a couple days each without nursing to sleep. Finally. Sometimes, she's just so tired that she falls asleep while I'm doing homework, and so doesn't get any. But, she does remember the next morning that she didn't get any. I have a "use it or lose it" policy with breastmilk, and if she didn't get it at night, she has to wait until the next night.

And finally I admit that yes, I nurse my 4yo. Fire away.

• Like 3

I ♥ you!  I nursed until 34 months.  Had to stop one weekend when the lady at the pizza shop said no, there was no egg in the pizza.  When I questioned her again after - since I know I tasted egg wash; having been without for 3 years I just KNEW - she said, oh, yeah, well we just brush it on the top off the crust.  It's hardly any.  She was the owner, too, turns out. :(

Anyway, we were on vacation and told DS he couldn't have it that night since I inhaled 3 pieces (DS ate the cheese but refused the crust, another thing that tipped me off), and then DH and I decided it was as good a time as any to wean.  Blah.  I would have kept going otherwise.

• Like 1

Before I go one step further in my catch-up….

(((Tex and Nan and Christina and Slache)))

Not really all as one group, because that would be a bit awkward, maybe??  But I just hung at Starbucks with my BFF, SWB, for the last hour and a half so I've got a lot to catch up on and can only type in so many parentheses.   ;)

Seriously,  hugs to you all. 

• Like 1

The funny thing is that she was potty trained as an infant. She got the stomach flu at about a year and I put her in a diaper because I couldn't keep up with her. She liked the diaper and didn't want to go back. I should have put a stop to it then.

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much, though.  Infancy is pretty early, and it is probably actually healthier for her to use a diaper for a while longer.  

Check out It's No Accident by some guy whose name I forget (but he's a Wake Forest Urologist, so not a quack like me).  

He jokingly (but half-seriously) blames just about everything in life on constipation; and really recommends pt-ing after age 3. The book was redundant, but really informative.  I so wish I'd read it 4 years ago…. would have radically changed my ds's experience.  

What's really fun is to be 8 months pregnant in June the year that the 7-year AND the 13-year cicadas came out (1998). I typically ran yelping through the parking lot to get to my OB appts with the cicadas swarming and buzzing around my head. Probably should have filmed it.

• Like 4

I nursed until 12 mos with all of mine (so far), but only because they self-weaned.  Life was too much fun for them to eat in all the time.  Party animals.

Thumbs up to you crazy ladies going for 3-4 years.   :thumbup1:

well, your 5 years still beats my 3

• Like 1

I want to get pregnant in the fall. I want to lose more weight and we need a bigger car. We can't fit three castaways (ha! car seats) in the back of a prius. I would like a baby now, but it's a bad idea. Besides, I struggle in the heat add it is.

Hey, I want you to get pregnant in the fall too! 

And me.  But I think maybe I won't.  

• Like 1

Dd woke up and weaned herself at 11 months.  I went to nurse her and she went "chomp" very deliberately.  Every time I tried to nurse after that she would look at me and would deliberately chomp.  It was very traumatic.  

:sad:  :grouphug:

Starbucks is closing, so hugs and sleepy-tights to all.

Can I just say that I am uber-puffy-hearting the WTM Online Conference?  True, I've only attended one session, and it was tonight, and it was my BFF SWB, so of course it was beyond amazing…. but now I think I want to attend them all.  They all look sooooooo good…. 

So someone GoFundMe please, and I will do just that.  I promise I will come back and bestow all my newfound wisdom to all of you here on the ITT.  

:leaving:

• Like 5

Dd woke up and weaned herself at 11 months.  I went to nurse her and she went "chomp" very deliberately.  Every time I tried to nurse after that she would look at me and would deliberately chomp.  It was very traumatic.  

That was dd1, right around 10 months. Cold turkey. Someone please say ouch. At the end of the week, when I was completely full, she nursed one last time and emptied me and that was the end. Hindsight thinks I had a diminishing supply and wasn't giving her enough so she quit trying. :(

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much, though. Infancy is pretty early, and it is probably actually healthier for her to use a diaper for a while longer.

Check out It's No Accident by some guy whose name I forget (but he's a Wake Forest Urologist, so not a quack like me).

He jokingly (but half-seriously) blames just about everything in life on constipation; and really recommends pt-ing after age 3. The book was redundant, but really informative. I so wish I'd read it 4 years ago…. would have radically changed my ds's experience.

Infant potty training aka elimination communication is awesome and quite common. I EC'd both my kids by the time they were 3 weeks old. John wore a diaper and only used it at night and when we were out, hence his lack of need for potty training.

• Like 1

No.  Jean needs to go to Hawaii and consume fruity-tasting battery acid drinks with colorful little umbrellas in them.  So does Tex. With the rest of us along for company.

• Like 2

Infant potty training aka elimination communication is awesome and quite common. I EC'd both my kids by the time they were 3 weeks old. John wore a diaper and only used it at night and when we were out, hence his lack of need for potty training.

Yep. I started it with youngest dd and it was awesome when I caught it. But, she was a difficult infant infant in other ways, so it went by the wayside as I was exhausted with her and my home daycare going. I'd totally do it again. Even big sis got in on it and thought it was cool.

• Like 1

This is LOL.

This is Whoa.

Thankfully dd knows not to grab anyone's boobs. She used to grab her sister's when I wasn't available, but we had to let her know that sissy doesn't have what she wanted.

In other news, dd (almost 4.5) is going a couple days each without nursing to sleep. Finally. Sometimes, she's just so tired that she falls asleep while I'm doing homework, and so doesn't get any. But, she does remember the next morning that she didn't get any. I have a "use it or lose it" policy with breastmilk, and if she didn't get it at night, she has to wait until the next night.

More envy.  I really, really wanted to nurse my baby.  DH and the nurses pumped for me the whole time I was in the hospital, but, at the end of the drugs and recovery, I just couldn't do it. :crying:

No.  Jean needs to go to Hawaii and consume fruity-tasting battery acid drinks with colorful little umbrellas in them.  So does Tex. With the rest of us along for company.

Only if they are virgin for both Tex and I.  Not that we are. . . virgins.  But we both mispent our youth and need our drinks on the pure side.  It would be so much fun to go, wouldn't it!   

• Like 2

More envy.  I really, really wanted to nurse my baby.  DH and the nurses pumped for me the whole time I was in the hospital, but, at the end of the drugs and recovery, I just couldn't do it. :crying:

Ditto. Long story there, but my body failed John, I failed Mary (PPD) and I think the next time will be great.

• Like 3

Only if they are virgin for both Tex and I.  Not that we are. . . virgins.  But we both mispent our youth and need our drinks on the pure side.  It would be so much fun to go, wouldn't it!   

Okay.  I'll drink your battery acid drinks for you.  I'm a trooper that way. :001_smile:

• Like 1

And me. I'm not a virgin, nor did I misspend my youth. I just don't drink alcohol.

I will acknowledge your feelings, however, I don't think there is any need for envy. That stuff stems from mommy wars, and I don't participate in those. Your kid got fed, is healthy, that's what matters. I believe in guilt-free baby-feeding.

I will tell you this. it wasn't easy with my second. Whoever said it was supposed to be - lied. I went day by day. Just get through today, then today, then today. I was seriously nursing on a day by day contingency. It was that hard. Then I thought I'd actually make it 3 months, then 6. I had no idea we'd be where we are today.

• Like 3

Ditto. Long story there, but my body failed John, I failed Mary (PPD) and I think the next time will be great.

Yeah, each time is different. My first (in hindsight) was easy, my second was hard. I'm thinking if I get a third in my old age, it'll be a breeze, hopefully. I know a lady that for one reason or other could not nurse her first two, but was able the third time.

• Like 1

Love the bolded.  And great can be defined by lots of different experiences, even if breastfeeding isn't part of it.  

So tell me about EC?? I've never known anyone to do that!  Well unless my grandmother counts (she claimed she trained my mother before 12 months… though definitions of "trained" can vary greatly and I doubt she called it Early Communication; more likely she called it No Washing Machine So Of Course I'm Carrying Her To The Potty.   :laugh: )

Any good reads on the subject you recommend?

(Not that I'm likely to travel the infant route again.  But we will pretend I'm still young with many fruitful years ahead of me and different options to consider.) 

ETA:  Booyah!

• Like 1

I will acknowledge your feelings, however, I don't think there is any need for envy. That stuff stems from mommy wars, and I don't participate in those. Your kid got fed, is healthy, that's what matters. I believe in guilt-free baby-feeding.

:iagree:

I will tell you this. it wasn't easy with my second. Whoever said it was supposed to be - lied. I went day by day. Just get through today, then today, then today. I was seriously nursing on a day by day contingency. It was that hard. Then I thought I'd actually make it 3 months, then 6. I had no idea we'd be where we are today.

Honestly, it's not a mommy war thing; more like grief and loss (and not just the breast feeding thing).  And, believe me, I'm very grateful for her.  God was very good to us.  (But there's still a sad little part in my heart.)

• Like 2