Menu

Yoga pants revisisted

Scrub Jay

Not my style either. I do have some old lululemon studio pants (slightly different than the current version of them) which I absolutely adore. Mine are more like the MEC ones

Zumba clothing makes a lot of really cool cargo pants but most are useless as far as I'm concerned because they have no stretch.... but a few do, like the Soft N Stretch & these capris & I think I'm going to get a pair of these to try out soon.

Those pants would not look right on me, but if you like them, you should go for it. :)  I'm building my collection of yoga pants.  I have 2 pair from Athleta, they have pockets and are designed to look like regular pants.  I also have a pair of yoga tights.  I have 2 pair of capries, but the one pair is getting old (also from Athleta, I think they are about 6 yrs old??? their stuff lasts).  I want to get more capries.

I love my heavier weight, boot cut yoga pants. I only wear them out and about if I have a long jacket to cover my butt. Around the house they are my absolute favorite and make me glad to live in the modern world.

I could like the flowy skirts on that websire. In my own boring, suburban world, the haram and taj pants scream "look at me." So I would not really want to wear them, even though I think they look confortable.

Maybe that's what I should do - go the more traditional yoga pants route (not leggings) but on the thicker side and pair them with pretty, loose and flowy tops.  With a tank underneath so I'm not flashing anyone nearby if I go into downward facing dog. ;)

Decisions, decisions. :)

Yes, I have those.  I have them in straight leg and as jeggings. I had a pair that were boot cut, but I ordered them too big.  I wore them for a long time, but when I did yoga in them they came down. :D  I gave them to my oldest and she loves them.

Those look great.  They remind me of some work pants I own but yoga friendly. :)

IMHO, they often times end up looking like a diaper!

If you are super skinny, and can wear a very fitted tank top on top, to balance out the fabric below, I think they can look funky and cool.  However, if you have to wear something looser on top - it all becomes too much!