Menu

Passport question

Tess in the Burbs

So our entire family submitted the paperwork/photos last week for passports.  It will be our first.  Today myself and the kids are in the system.  DH doesn't show up as in the system.  We did it all together.  We paid all together.  Surely they were all sent in together????  

Is this weird?  What have been your experiences? 

I don't even know who to contact in this situation...the PO that sent it in?  Or Dept of State? It's just so weird!!

I wouldn't trust the tracking system too much. My family recently went through this. Everything went fine, but my husband's still said "final processing" when we had it in hand. Give it a few days, especially if your travel date is far out. Calling the state department number on the website would have been my next move. By the way, the kids' went through much faster than ours. Good luck.

I wouldn't think anything of it at this stage. Now, if a week passes and he's not in it yet, or if your status changes to show a date it's being mailed back to you, then I might be concerned.  You would think that when a person starts processing an order they would complete the family in one sitting. But it might be that when they got to dh, it was quitting time. And they'll pick up this week where they left off.  You just never know.

Back when dd applied for hers, it happened that a friend of mine was right before us. It took forever for dd's passport to even be in the system - like before she was in the system, my friend already had a date that hers was being sent.  

In any case, the PO won't be able to help you. The state department site probably has something on there about who to call if an application isn't received in a certain amount of time- much like how you have to wait a certain length of time before calling the IRS about your tax refund. 

Hope they get to you soon so you can stop worrying. 

Wow, I had no idea one could now check the status of passport applications online!  I sent mine in for renewal a couple of weeks ago and after reading this thread I just went to the passport site to check on my application-- looks like it's in the system.   Thanks, all!