Menu

Anyone Know of A Christian Weather Website

Vanna

Many conservative Christians, I think, believe that global warming is liberal political hype and refuse to believe in it. Maybe she wants a weather website that omits any reference to that?:rolleyes:

That would be my guess too. I am a conservative Christian so that would be my reasoning for wanting a Christian point of view weather site. I have tried finding one when we did weather about 6 years ago. This was pre-global warming hype though so I didn't have a problem with it.

She may have to just rely on library books written back in the 1980's to early 1990's.

I use weather.com for weather watches but that is it. Sorry I am not much help there.

Holly

Except library books that far back aren't going to teach weather properly. There is no way to "christianize" the weather. It just is.

So, why can't she just have them do a simple daily weather check? We have the weather channel here (as I am sure most do), she could have them turn it on first thing in the morning to write down the weather for that day (sunny/mostly cloudy, 33*) and maybe add in "and some flooding occurred in Indiana tonight, devasting whole towns".

I don't say it to be rude either, but there is only so much that can be "christianized" and I just can't see weather being one of them. You can leave out all the "global" stuff if she doesn't believe in that, but everything else is what it is.

. . . what op's concern with teaching weather with 'secular' materials is, however, I am of the opinion that it is always better to teach all the theories/viewpoints that are floating around and then go on to explain what my own viewpoints are. I think we do a disservice to children not to teach evolution, global warming, etc. I want my kids to be able to formulate a worldview based on all information available. And if I disagree with the theories being taught, I teach them that as well.

Just my thoughts,

Rose

Ummmm, what *is* Christian weather? Somewhere over the Rainbow? Rise and Shine? Sorry, I just can't resist, but I'll stop now..... I've never heard of such a thing.....

Do you mean a site that won't mention global warming, like the weather channel does? I'm not sure how weather can come from a Christian perspective.... Would it deny plate tectonics? I'm puzzled.....

Regena

Even though my first thought was, "Hmm...I've never heard of that before," I don't feel it's necessary for me to post my questions about why her friend wants to find one unless I want to actually help find websites. She's not asking for anyone to assess the necessity or validity of her friend's request.

Even thought my first thought was, "Hmm...I've never heard of that before," I don't feel it's necessary for me to post my questions about why her friend wants to find one unless I want to actually help find websites. She's not asking for anyone to assess the necessity or validity of her friend's request.

Well I think asking what she meant by that is perfectly acceptable. It wasn't posed rudely or disrepectfully but if we don't understand what she's looking for, we can't very well help her.

Heather

I feel compelled to point out that there are MANY non-Christians who believe that global warming is a bunch of hooey.:p

Many conservative Christians, I think, believe that global warming is liberal political hype and refuse to believe in it. Maybe she wants a weather website that omits any reference to that?:rolleyes:

Well I think asking what she meant by that is perfectly acceptable. It wasn't posed rudely or disrepectfully but if we don't understand what she's looking for, we can't very well help her.

Heather

if someone was asking in order to help. This did not appear to be the motive of all of the posters, however.

I understand that. I was just completely caught off guard by her opening line statement. I don't understand what she means. I was trying to think through what she might mean. I often format my questioning thoughts with question marks so that folks will hopefully know that I am, in fact, questioning. I'm not sure how they would know that if I didn't post it in that way.

I don't know, until she answers, *how* to try to recommend a site, because I don't understand what sort of info she's looking to include or exclude by that preface that she made. I've never heard of this before. For all I know, it might be some new, perfectly understandable category of weather forecasting that I just don't know about. There are a ton of things in the world that are cutting edge and new that I don't know about. I learn about new things all the time on this board....

So I'm not sure if this was directed to me, or not. I didn't read the thread, but only posted to the original poster. I'm not even attempting to assess anything, because I have no idea yet what she might mean, unless it's something to do with the couple of guesses that I made after thinking about it for a minute....

Folks will often post without giving enough info for us to attempt an answer. I believe that the response is generally to ask more questions in order to try to narrow down specifically what type of info they want....

I don't think that I said anything to indicate that I'm not interested in answering the question. In fact, if I weren't interested in answering, I would have passed the thread by and not have even asked....

Regena

And in light of the comment that was made, I thought maybe I was totally in the dark. So I've tried googling stuff such as "Christian perspective on weather", etc. I've scanned through a number of Christian conservative online magazines (such as World), and news sites and I don't see that any of them include any topics related to weather in any way. So I still don't know how to answer this....

If the question is about "the weather", meaning rain, snow, what it will do next week, etc. Then I don't see how that can be affected in any way by any sort of religious perspective. Unless we are going to google for things like praying for rain, or Christian response after Katrina, etc. (I did find an article on that.) So if I'm teaching a class on "the weather", I don't think I need even discuss any particular world view in relation to that....

If the question is really about "weather phenomena", then we would need to search under particular things. So if you want to get a "Christian perspective on global warming", that would be one search. But if you were looking for a Christian perspective on earthquakes, tsunamis, or plate tectonics, that would be something completely different (and maybe harder to find, because the first is more in the news right now).

So I know that I joked with the original poster in my opening line, after see the headline under new posts of "Anyone Know of a Christian Weather Website". As I said, I couldn't resist. I often respond to opening lines like that when they make me think of something off the top of my head. So do a lot of folks here. And that one made me think of songs with weather related things in them.... I said, I believe, that I was just kidding around....

So I'm hopeful we can get this back on track to try to figure out what is actually needed here....

Regena

I'm sorry Vanna, that you thought mcconnellboys had negativity in her questions--which were legit. I am still clueless as to what you really are searching for and she had her questions correct--what **exactly** is it you are searching for?

googling "Christian perspective on weather" comes up nothing. Googling "Christian weather reports" comes up weather.com... but if I google "Christian + global warming" that's something entirely different.

So what exactly or rather how exactly does one search for something that doesn't exist? It's a legit question and you have to be more specific in what it is you are looking for ?

Are you just looking for curriculum that state "God made..." or what?

There was zero negativity in ANY post, not even mine. You really were not clear enough for us to help you. The link I gave you only gives you 1,000 "Christian type websites" and I don't even know if one of them have "weather" in it.

maybe she could try googling "Christian unit studies on weather" and see what that turns up.

Can we stop with all the "you hurt my feelings" posts already? There was zero negativity in mcconnellboys questions. none.

I wasn't trying to insinuate that you were, either, and I hope you know that. I simply was afraid that my original post had been misunderstood, or might be soon after, if others came into the conversation, so I was trying to redirect and explain before that happened. I've seen threads go off on a tangent and then just explode before you can come back to your computer and I wanted to try to prevent that happening.

Regena