Menu

which Cricket magazine for 9-14 year olds?

MeganW

My crew is ready to move up to the next stage of Cricket magazines.  We plan to subscribe to only TWO.  Can you tell me which of these your kids most enjoy?  These are really just to have decent things to read for fun, not to supplement specific schoolwork.  If you have mags you love from other publishers, those recommendations would be welcome too!  Thanks!

------------------------------------------------

FACES magazine takes young readers around the world and back to get an honest and unbiased view of how children in other countries and world regions live.

Both visually and intellectually exciting and entertaining, ODYSSEY magazine presents science as a vital link to daily life with the most current research on cutting-edge topics.

COBBLESTONE magazine has been telling America's story since 1980 and is the recognized leader in the study of American history for children. So fun they won't know they're learning!

DIG Into History magazine is where history and archaeology meet. Exclusive scoops and photos from actual dig sites, as well as up-to-date, engaging articles, offer readers a unique chance to come face-to-face with history.

MUSE magazine is the science and arts magazine for kids that’s spot on with the facts, but off-kilter with the jokes. Explore the world in a fun way with MUSE!

CRICKET magazine publishes only the highest quality fiction and classic literature and nonfiction stories on culture, history, science, and the arts. Each issue includes a signature cast of rambunctious bug characters who offer humorous commentary on the stories.

My oldest (age 8) gets Dig and Ask (I believe that is part of the Cricket magazines…it is a science one) and she enjoys them both.  I think they are both quality magazines.  She isn't a huge magazine reader so goes in streaks of reading the whole thing and hardly touching them.  She got them both as a gift.  I think if we re-subscribe at some point I would the actual Cricket magazine since it is a little bit of everything.