Menu

ISO a motivational book on change

Cakes

I am in search of a great motivational book geared toward change. Particularly how to embrace change and push through the difficult aspects of change. 

I am help people to make big health related changes, diet, fitness etc. It can be overwhelming and I am looking for a good resource to help folks move through tough changes without giving up and reverting back to old bad habits.

Any ideas would be much appreciated! 

I love Switch: How to Change Things When Change is Hard. It has very specific ideas that you can start using right away. It approaches change and habit in a practical, non-judgemental way. It doesn't get hung up on what people should be willing and able to do, but rather what is going to give you the desired result. Altering an environment or schedule is easier and more effective than altering a person. 

I am finding this book helpful, and the ideas manageable.

http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Habits-Smaller-Bigger-Results-ebook/dp/B00HGKNBDK

And it's on Kindle Unlimited, yay! 

Do One Thing Different: Ten Simple Ways to Change Your Life

bill o'hanlon

From booklist:

The theory behind the title of this book is solution-oriented therapy. Rather than probing the past and analyzing causes and effects of psychological problems and troubles, therapist O'Hanlon advises making changes in behavior in the present in order to feel better sooner rather than later. Using 10 "solution keys," he challenges readers to focus on the here and now and adjust behavior to change the situation. The author uses plenty of examples to show solution-oriented therapy in action. There is something to be said for taking action in times of trouble rather than wallowing in the many negative feelings that arise