Menu

Another Baking Competition. Please Vote for the Best Looking Sweet Bread!

Embassy

Best Looking Sweet Bread  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best looking sweet bread?

• Pineapple Date Bread
    • Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
    • Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Bread

We are on our 9th challenge in our series of baking competitions.  Only 1 left to go!  For each competition, my kids choose a recipe and prepare it.  I offer the most help to my youngest and less help to my older kids.  The winner has been chosen for the best tasting bread, but we need your help to find a winner for the best looking bread.  Please go here:  http://eclectic-homeschool.com/sweet-bread-baking-competion-please-vote/  to see all of the pictures of the bread.  You can vote on the poll here or on the poll at the end of the blog post.  

Thanks so much for participating!  My kids enjoy seeing the results come in....and so do I.  Sometimes you all surprise me :)

Guest submarines

I always vote with pleasure, but it occurred to me that if we are voting on just the looks, the titles of each bread lead to some bias. It was really hard to separate the looks from the content / ingredients. For example, I loved the banana chocolate bread the most based on looks, but I hate chocolate. And I couldn't bring myself to vote for it, so I voted for the pineapple bread.

I think it would only be fair to reveal the ingredients if each child had the same recipe. Otherwise your voting system, is, unfortunately, severely flawed.

I always vote with pleasure, but it occurred to me that if we are voting on just the looks, the titles of each bread lead to some bias. It was really hard to separate the looks from the content / ingredients. For example, I loved the banana chocolate bread the most based on looks, but I hate chocolate. And I couldn't bring myself to vote for it, so I voted for the pineapple bread.

I think it would only be fair to reveal the ingredients if each child had the same recipe. Otherwise your voting system, is, unfortunately, severely flawed.

And YOUR taste in food is severely flawed!    :lol:

(See bolded above.)

Guest submarines

And YOUR taste in food is severely flawed!    :lol:

(See bolded above.)

I'm compelled to explain myself. I adore chocolate, but not when baked. Though I'll have to agree--there must be something wrong with me. :laugh:

I can see that.  But I also think that knowing what kind of bread it is helps you determine if it looks like it is supposed to look.  There will be personal bias, for sure.  But it all works out because everyone has a different preference.  This isn't a scientific measurement for us, but just a fun way to learn to bake :)

This was probably the toughest decision in the whole competition. I chose pineapple-date because of the uniform distribution of the fruit and the even color of the bread. But they all look sooooooo yummy!!! Another great job by your dc! :thumbup:

Love the swirl. I love marbled and stripey things. I guess that's obvious given my name..... It's the cutest one!

I think I'd rather eat the banana bread with chocolate chips, but the swirly one is cute. By the way I've made banana bread with chocolate swirl before. :) heh.

I actually think the pineapple date is the most visually appealing, but I let DD11 vote this time, and she voted for the chocolate peanut butter swirl.  She liked the color contrast, and the geometric looking shape that the chocolate makes in the bread.

So, the vote went for the latter.  

Wow, this one was really tough as they are all beautiful! :001_wub:

I voted for the chocolate peanut butter swirl being the most visually attractive, even though the pineapple date appeals more ro my palate. :001_wub:

I went back and took a second look, and now the banana chocolate seems most mouth-watering, so I guess you can call it a draw! :001_wub:

I always vote with pleasure, but it occurred to me that if we are voting on just the looks, the titles of each bread lead to some bias. It was really hard to separate the looks from the content / ingredients. 

I have thought about this each time.  There are always comments about not liking certain flavors and voting for the one you would LIKE, rather than the one that is the most visually appealing.  I always want them to be named A, B, and C.

I have thought about this each time. There are always comments about not liking certain flavors and voting for the one you would LIKE, rather than the one that is the most visually appealing. I always want them to be named A, B, and C.

OTOH the names help me see what I think the bread should look like. Without the names I might not have realized those black spots in the banana bread were chocolate chips because I never use chocolate chips in my banana bread. But then I have been able to vote for something that I might not actually eat so maybe I'm just special that way. :-D

• 2 weeks later...

The best looking is the banana chocolate. I'd choose the pineapple to eat. The swirl is lovely, but I think the fact that the photo is upside down puts it at a disadvantage for voting.  (It looks like it's winning right now, but it may have been even further ahead.)

I try to take the picture from the best angle.  In this case, the bread was in pieces and burned on the bottom so I took it from the bread's best angle, lol.