Menu

S/O - Yoga Pants/Compression Capris/Running Tights

SJ.

I really like kyodan - marketed to yoga studios.  I'd buy past season from t.j.maxx.  so, very hit or miss as to what they have.  they seem similar to UA or better - but cost less. (because they are past season and the selection is iffy.)

I'm really happy with the tanks though. built-in bra with cups that actually supports, the pants are comfortable (and not sheer . . . )

I use them for yoga . . . .

• Like 1

I spend a lot of time in pants like these:

http://www.sharifwear.com/tribal-string-bellydance-pants/

For regular daily wear, I've had no trouble finding pants at Target that last for years even with weekly wear and lots of washing. I like the ones with the fold down waistband so I can adjust it exactly where I want it.

• Like 1

I have always thought of yoga pants as the long ones that flare at the bottom. The tight ones I call leggings and the shorter tight ones - capri leggings. I wear the leggings and capris for running and the flared yoga pants for walking, lounging, or running to the store. I buy all of those styles from the Champion line at Target. They have so many different styles. I've told myself that when I lose a little more weight, I'm gonna splurge on a pair from lululemon :laugh: .

• Like 4

Gah! Must. Lock. Wallet. (I have a yellow pair from another belly dance website. The color you linked is gorgeous!)

I spend a lot of time in pants like these:

http://www.sharifwear.com/tribal-string-bellydance-pants/

For regular daily wear, I've had no trouble finding pants at Target that last for years even with weekly wear and lots of washing. I like the ones with the fold down waistband so I can adjust it exactly where I want it.

I love these. http://www.movingcomfort.com/en_us/urban-gym-capri/300470.html  I've been wearing them for a couple of years now, I guess I have most of the colors and I just seem to always put them on. I can run in them when it's cold, they are great under a skirt or a mini for work, and they don't show sweat during hot yoga. That last part is a plus.  :hurray:

I have several from Athleta I love. It is good to have a life which allows me to wear what the heck I want.  :closedeyes:

• Like 1

My yoga pants are stretchy cotton with the wide waste band and flare legs. They are not in any way see through or skin tight. I'm *ahem* rather plus size and no one wants to see that, especially the hordes of rabid, lustful men who wander the streets. I basically live in them especially since my last pregnancy. I feel like I'm getting away with wearing pajamas in public, they are so comfy. :) I had no idea I was being so slutty and/or stylish.

• Like 2

Has anyone tried the pants from Kate Hudson's new website Fabletics? I usually wear Target's Champion, and Danskin or Avia from Wal-Mart and had good luck, but I bought a pair of compression shorts from Under Armour (I was seduced into it by Misty Copeland's UA ad, so sue me), and I really like them, but not the UA price. Fabletics seems to have some nice colors and styles and great prices, but I know nothing about their quality.

You know, we watched that Mistie Copeland ad about a bazillion times during the US Open, and even watched the long play version on youtube (dd loves Mistie Copeland, dh loves tennis), and I never ever caught on to what she was advertising until this very moment.  Not that any of us cared -- we just like the ad.

And, in the interest of contributing to the actual subject, older dd wears Target yoga pants, and has noted that she has to try on several pairs to find the ones that fit -- I think they probably cut a huge stack at once during manufacture, so there's quite a variance from pair to pair. I always wonder how true that is for other brands.

• 5 months later...

I wear running pants from New Balance.  But I've had people compliment me by calling them my yoga pants.  I don't run or do yoga.  My absolute favorite pants are these drawstring flowy pants with the softest and lightest (but not see-through) material ever.  I think they are technically pajama pants but they don't look like it and I wear them out in public.  (Shhhh!)

Jean - Do you have links? 

• Like 1

Jean - Do you have links? 

A very pushy saleswoman at Nordies talked me into buying a very expensive pair of DKNY lounge pants (very unusual for a saleswoman at Nordstroms).  But then I found something similar and much much cheaper at Target.  I don't know the brand name though and all my pants are in the laundry so I can't check.  

• 4 weeks later...