Menu

Amazon package never arrived, now what?

DawnM

I kept thinking it must just be late in arriving.

I ordered it on the 12th.

It shows on Amazon's website AND FedEx's website that it went out for delivery on the 14th.

However, NEITHER website shows it as actually delivered.  The little tracking line ends at "out for delivery" on both sites.

I don't know what to do.  I can't find a place at Amazon.com to actually report this.  

HELP.

Thanks,

Dawn

When mailing a package to my younger sister I had a package get confusing tracking information and so I called Amazon. It was all really hard for the Amazon person and I to figure out what was going on because it looked like the package was being bounced around to different post offices.

At that point I remembered the post office near my sister was wiped out by a tornado a couple months before so things were being diverted around. The Amazon rep was horrified, it was their first "post office was obliterated" as a reason for tracking issues.

Click "help" - above the search bar.

ON the Menu "Help and Customer Service" choose "Need More Help" and then "Contact Us".

You need to sign in, but after you choose the order that is the problem.  Then most of the time, you will have the option to chat / phone / email.

I have always found Amazon to be helpful.  I have prime, and always expect my package on time.  If it is even a day late, and I complain, I can always get it returned for free or a free month of prime.

Good luck!

Click "help" - above the search bar.

ON the Menu "Help and Customer Service" choose "Need More Help" and then "Contact Us".

You need to sign in, but after you choose the order that is the problem.  Then most of the time, you will have the option to chat / phone / email.

I have always found Amazon to be helpful.  I have prime, and always expect my package on time.  If it is even a day late, and I complain, I can always get it returned for free or a free month of prime.

Good luck!

Yes, email or call.  They will send another package.

If you bought this directly from Amazon I am certain they will take very good care of you. I have seen some strange things this year, on packages Out For Delivery to our Forwarder in Miami, FL by the U.S.P.S. "Out For Delivery" and then "Available for Pickup" and then eventually gets delivered, that day or the next day or the day after that.

UPS took my laptop from KY to Miami. As I recall, it was not only delayed because they did not work on the 4th of July holiday, which I clearly understood, but for some other reason. It was in the Miami area for 1 or 2 days, before UPS delivered it.

My wife's laptop was sent from KY to Miami by FedEx. I believe that shipment went better.

Your package has been "out for delivery" for so long that I wonder if it is lost in the FedEx system or fell off the delivery truck or something.

Contact Amazon and tell them it was never delivered and GL. 

ETA:

Years ago, a friend in Texas shipped 2 *identical* 60 pound boxes, with Epson printers in them, to our Forwarder in Miami, via FedEx Ground. I had notified our Forwarder that two (2) cartons were on the way. One day I received a phone call from our Forwarder in Miami. One carton had been delivered. My friend in Texas couldn't believe that FedEx had lost a 60 pound carton of that size. It turned up in a FedEx warehouse on the Gulf Coast of Florida and then they delivered it in Miami.

FedEx and this is a true story. I believe this was about 3 or 4 years ago. The Debit card from our bank in the USA was expiring and instead of sending me a replacement card via DHL, the bank sent it via FedEx.  A careless FedEx employee made a mistake and coded the envelope for the Republic of the Congo (CG), instead of for Colombia (CO). After calling FedEx, I watched, helplessly, on the FedEx Tracking web site, as the envelope went back and forth from Memphis to Paris, France. 3 or 4 round trips from Memphis. At least once it was sent from Paris to the Republic of the Congo.  Our bank cancelled that card and they sent me another card via DHL which was delivered without any problem.  It seems funny now, but we had horrible words for FedEx at that time.

The great news is that most of the time the shipments via USPS, DHL GlobalMail, UPS and FedEx are handled properly.

Since it went out for delivery on the 14th, my husband said maybe I should call FedEx and ask them if they have been missing a driver and a truck for the past 12 days as it has been driving around looking for my house.