Menu

I'm having an awful day

Whereneverever

I am so sorry. Seizures are just so scary :(

The first one I witnessed was in my 2 year old son just a couple weeks after we had buried our daughter who was still born at term. I thought he was dying too. It was horrible and I was a complete mess. (It was febrile and he was fine)

My kids only have febrile ones but my husband had never witnessed one even though I had witnessed many, until about a year and a half ago. he was home and I was not. He was so shook up. There is just nothing quite like it. I hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

Our six year old daughter's epilepsy presented with prolonged status during a febrile illness.  I was actually finishing up a physician shift in our local ED when the seizure started and she was home with my poor DH and some of her siblings. He handled things well but I know it was traumatic.  I truly felt for him at the time and I feel for you now.   :grouphug:

I'm so sorry you and your daughter had to go through this.  I hope you're able to get back in with her neurologist soon and adjust medications if needed. 

I have a call in with her neuro & I'm waiting for a callback. She's still sleeping- 13 hours after she went down for the night. I keep checking her but she's just wiped. She's also on some extra medicine to help and it's really knocking her back. :(

More :grouphug: .  May she feel better soon and may things work out that she improves overall with regards to the epilepsy.  It's not easy sometimes.