Menu

That was just so cool to do (rep points)

Last night or early this morning someone sent me to three squares. That was very nice - thank you. Then I repped someone who had only one square. Now she has two. That was really fun - to push someone over the edge in a nice way.

Gotta go find some one else to rep.

How do you tell if someone is on the edge? My push was an accidental thing.

Go to the Members List and sort by Reputation. Somewhere around page 8-9, you'll see the 2 squares change to 1 square. The first person with only 1 square is the closest to receiving 2 squares, if that makes sense. Around page 4 (I don't remember for certain), you'll see 3 squares go down to 2 -- and the first person with 2 squares is the closest to receiving 3.

After I determine who's next, I click on their name, which takes me to their user profile. I click on 'find all posts' and choose a recent one -- I click on that, and give the rep that way (with a note saying I'm just doing some random repping for them since they're so close to moving up).

I've given rep to 4 people this way in the past couple of minutes and have moved 3 of them up to the next level. It's a lot of fun to do!!!

Last night or early this morning someone sent me to three squares. That was very nice - thank you. Then I repped someone who had only one square. Now she has two. That was really fun - to push someone over the edge in a nice way.

Well, I just found that I have two squares, and yesterday I had one. So it might have been me! To all of you rep-pushers, thank you so much! :) Now I'm going to go spread some rep, too. :001_smile:

How do you know how much they need to put them up a square? I do that too...but I usually rep people who only have one square.....since they NEED rep, LOL! So...tell me....how do you know how much they need to add another square?

How do you know how much they need to put them up a square? I do that too...but I usually rep people who only have one square.....since they NEED rep, LOL! So...tell me....how do you know how much they need to add another square?

I haven't been able to figure out exactly how much they need, but I've seen enough people's rep immediately go up when I've done it that way that I am assuming my theory is right, and that those closest to the next square level are those closest to reaching that level. ;)

I just gave rep to someone whose square count did not immediately go up, but I figure it got them that much closer, anyway.:)

I just did it! That was fun! I watched the 2nd green square appear, right before my eyes! Well, that's my entertainment for a Saturday morning!

Some day I'll get there, too......:glare:

You pushed me up to two. Thanks!

How much rep do you give someone if you have two squares?

Tammy

Each dark green square is worth one point.

Every thousand posts is worth one point.

So someone with 4 squares and over 2000 posts is worth a total of 6 points.

Two squares and less than 1000 posts is worth two points.

I haven't been able to figure out exactly how much they need, but I've seen enough people's rep immediately go up when I've done it that way that I am assuming my theory is right, and that those closest to the next square level are those closest to reaching that level. ;)

I just gave rep to someone whose square count did not immediately go up, but I figure it got them that much closer, anyway.:)

You bumped me from 199 to 201 :hurray:

Thanks!

Hey, Chucki, you were the one who pushed me from 2 to 3! Thanks!