Menu

If you were my copy of the WTM...

BarbecueMom

... where would you be hiding?   I have torn up this house looking for it.  I'm almost positive the last place I had it was outside while supervising kids, but it's not in the garage or van or stroller.  Argh.

I'm going to call the library and make sure it wasn't accidentally put in the returns, but until then, anyone have any ideas on some place I may have missed?

"Accio WTM book!" did nothing.  Muggle problems.   :glare:

...I'd have been loaned out to a friend.  Are you sure you didn't loan it to anyone?

Or possibly DS would be using it as a prop somewhere either in a rube goldberg machine or as part of a film.  Check with the kids?

Good luck!  It's the time of year to pull it out and re-read.  :)

...I'd have been loaned out to a friend. Are you sure you didn't loan it to anyone?

Or possibly DS would be using it as a prop somewhere either in a rube goldberg machine or as part of a film. Check with the kids?

Good luck! It's the time of year to pull it out and re-read. :)

No, not loaned to a friend.

A support for an elaborate race track built out of things that DS4 shouldn't be pilfering is actually a plausible explaination. Hmmm...

My first three guesses where you already looked:

somewhere in the minivan next to the place where you put things away when you leave a place like a park

next to the folding chairs in the garage

or on a garage shelf

other places:

under the couch

next to the rainbow resource catalog

under a cozy chair in the school room

next to next year's books that you've already pulled from the shelves

in your office, buried under a pile of fabric

in a kid's closet, because you carried it upstairs while you were putting away laundry....

...................ok, that's my guilty confession list of where I have found stuff over the years, but it might give you an idea.

I would hide in various places, moving into ones where you had already looked. I would magically reappear after you purchased and marked up a new copy, placing myself in a prominent location so as to cause you to question your very sanity.  :leaving:

But that's just me. 

Keep the ideas coming, still checking some of them!

The freezer idea led me to check the garage again, since we have a deep freezer out there.  Didn't find the book, but I did drop a Rubbermaid water cooler on my foot and a broom handle on my head.

Homeschooling is dangerous.

Have you looked in random bags around the house. Some of us might have reusable grocery bags that get used for all kinds of things and they tend to get kicked into corners or smushed under car seats, or put inside other bags...and sometimes they have books in them. I have heard of such things happening. Or maybe the bottom of a diaper bag or similar type bag. I know you wouldn't put a book in there except for just a moment while you did something else.....

Found it! It was under the quilt my brother used when he stayed here last month. I was starting to wonder if he took it with him.

I do regret searching the game closet. It's a mess of the "close the door, silently scream, and try to forget you saw it" variety.