Menu

Literature- do you read everything, too?

Do you read all of your DC's literature selections?  If not, how do you evaluate their work/writing?  I have EIL for DD to use next fall, and while I have read some of the selections, it was a LONG time ago.  And there are quite a few that I've never read.  But I'm not sure I have the time to read a complete high school literature course in addition to my own graduate studies.  This may be just a whine, but I wanted to see how others handle it.

Like Kareni, ds has been outsourced since 10th grade.  For 9th grade, I pre-read everything (and more because I decided against some of the books after pre-reading) during the summer.  We worked on literature related to American History.  If it makes you feel any better, I am sure I can rustle up some of my whines on the high school board about the books.  Gosh. 

My attempt at pre-reading American History related literature...

Till We Have Faces

Dang.  Can't find the whine about Dante's Inferno.

P.S. I work 30hrs/wk from home...

Sheesh.  A master's degree in literature?  Mine is in Industrial Engineering.  You get no sympathy from me.  :smash:

I read everything, except that I gave myself a few "passes" over the years for books I just couldn't get through. I read the Cliff Notes and Spark Notes for them instead. :D

One thing I like about EIL is that we don't have to do every selection.  I love my child too much to make her read Moby Dick. :lol: