Menu

Is it just my kid???

clarkacademy

I have noticed this weird thing about my 17 year old daughter. Every time I take her somewhere to drop her off at whatever she has got the most random stuff to say to me before she gets out. Today it was Did you know steak and shake is trying to dominate the worlds hamburger business? No sweetie I did not thanks for telling me have a great day I love you. She replies, are you sure you love me or maybe you just think you do. I say nope I am pretty positive I love you and she says good cause we don't like wishy washy do we? I will see you when you get home little oddball!! She gets out of the car and smiles at me and says you will see me or maybe I will finally perfect my invisible potion at science class today and then you will not see me. She is the greatest kid but sometimes tries to be crazy!! She posted on my facebook wall a few weeks ago Mom I am pregnant and dropping out of school :)

My straight a kid who is trying to apply to New York for college is just crazy! Is this all older girls? This is the same kid who last year started screaming mom stop the car stop the car and look. I look she smiles they put some chips in my bag of air mom!!! She also has my nine year old convinced that there are pills the doctor can give her so she will never have to take a shower again!! She is just always trying to make people laugh.

She sounds like an absolutely delightful young lady; the "no bath pills" made me laugh out loud! :)

These might be anxiety-reducing behavors, especially if the random stuff gets verbalized befor she is about to enter into a social, or any type of stressful situation. Or, it might be her way of organizing her thoughts; her " let down behavior" before she has to get out of the car and put on her grown up face.

Sounds you two have an awesome relationship!

My DS likes to punctuate completed math word problems using exclamation points that end in little hearts to see if I'm paying attention. He holds his cheek out for me to kiss before he leaves the car, so we've started bumping cheeks together.

My 10 year old does this. She has for years. It drives me absolutely nuts trying to leave her somewhere. She has to be the last child to tell me goodbye, and she will also have random things to throw in as I'm trying to walk out the door. It's like she wants to squeeze all these little tidbits in to me before I go LOL.

Sounds like she is a funny kid and is trying to engage you in conversation/relationship.  My older dd does not so much try to be funny like that, but she does say random things to engage me.  It is similar to the toddler tugging at your shirttail or sitting globbed onto your side.  In fact, sometimes college girl will sit globbed onto my person or put her head in my lap.  They are big toddlers with mixed feelings about being/becoming young adults, I think.