Menu

Ebay question

DawnM

So frustrated.

I ordered a part for my dryer.  The dryer wasn't working and I needed this part. It was only $10 with shipping.

They shipped me the WRONG part!  I have gone back and forth with them for over a week (after 4 days of shipping) and they are delayed in their responses and argumentative to a degree (not rude, but keep saying, "Are you SURE?")   I have sent them a photo and the part number on the wrong part and they still seem to not want to deal with me.

They have finally agreed that if I send it back they will eventually send me a new part and reimburse the shipping.

Seriously?  How long do they expect me to wait on a dryer part and go without a dryer for their error?

I have told them I want a REFUND and not a replacement part as we have had to buy the part elsewhere.  They won't budge even though it was THEIR error.

So, do I wait for the new part and then leave negative feedback?  I am so frustrated!

Dawn

Contact ebay customer service. All messages have been through ebay right? File a claim on ebay, state what you want and that you want to return the part and get a refund. (their error so usually ebay makes the seller pay for return shipping).

(there are 2 types of claims via ebay and via paypal, I believe you have less time to file an ebay claim then paypal)

Ebay seller here, and this sounds off honestly. Have you opened a case with ebay?

I agree.  I was cheated of $40 for phone chargers which were cheap knock offs, not the branded ones advertised, but I did not handle it well.  I opened a case but ebay found in the seller's favor because I had mailed back the part but not used a tracking number.  If you mail the part back, pay for tracking.  I think this sounds like a shady seller.

I have filed both claims.  Seller is saying he never got my emails.  Since he has RESPONDED twice, I am calling his bluff.  I am also stating that I will NOT return the item until he pays for shipping charges.  

He is saying he will "reimburse" shipping only if he receives it within 14 days and will only give me a replacement for HIS error and NOT a refund.

I am not bothering shipping it back without some cash to do so. The Post Office alone will cost me $2 r/t to get it there.

Negative feedback will be next and it will be scathing.  I have only EVER left negative feedback a couple of times in the more than 10 years I have been with ebay, but this is really irritating me.

Dawn

Every seller on ebay has a return policy. I always read it before ordering as some do not take returns at all.

I would have sent the part back immediately after trying to contact the seller.  Then if they would not reply or give a refund, I would open a case.

In the mean time I would try to order it from another company.

Ebay, Paypal, and Amazon usually side with the customer.  This is great for the customer!

I got duped on here and the only negative feedback is from a person who lied and said I sent the wrong book, lied about how fast I shipped it and opened a case immediately locking up my paypal account.  I ended up giving a full refund plus return shipping and never got the book back.  BURN..  

Even with a warranty on our new dryer, we had to wait 10 days for a repair person to come~  10 people and switching seasons with tons to get rid of made me crazy! I had to hang clothes all around our play yard and go to the laundry mat ( a joke!)  We have a clothesline in our basement too. 

So you would have spent $6 to send it back, even though it was their error, and hope they reimbursed you the shipping charges?

I even took a picture and emailed it to him AND stated the part number on the part, which did not match the part listed.

His return policy does say they take returns, but at this point he is trying to weasel with ebay to say he never got my emails in the first place.  I called his bluff and said he sure did as I have RETURN emails from him.

Not accepting returns is only if you are sent the correct part........if I sell a doll but send a toy horse, I have to take the return, as I understand ebay policy.

Dawn

Every seller on ebay has a return policy. I always read it before ordering as some do not take returns at all.

I would have sent the part back immediately after trying to contact the seller.  Then if they would not reply or give a refund, I would open a case.

In the mean time I would try to order it from another company.

Ebay, Paypal, and Amazon usually side with the customer.  This is great for the customer!

I got duped on here and the only negative feedback is from a person who lied and said I sent the wrong book, lied about how fast I shipped it and opened a case immediately locking up my paypal account.  I ended up giving a full refund plus return shipping and never got the book back.  BURN..  

Even with a warranty on our new dryer, we had to wait 10 days for a repair person to come~  10 people and switching seasons with tons to get rid of made me crazy! I had to hang clothes all around our play yard and go to the laundry mat ( a joke!)  We have a clothesline in our basement too. 

Very recently, I opened a case on eBay. The same day, from 2 different eBay Sellers, I had ordered replacement batteries for our laptop. The one from NJ works properly. The one from CA isn't identified by our laptop.  I began a case on eBay and the  Seller in CA offered to refund $7 to me since we live in South America and sending it back to CA would cost far more than the $15.29 we paid. We have no use for the defective battery other than we can use it as a paperweight. If we were in the states, I could send it back to them. After an exchange of messages on ebay, after one week, you, the Buyer can ask eBay to make a decision. I asked eBay to read all of the messages, in order, and then to make a decision they felt was fair to both the Seller and to us. They refunded the $15.29 to my PayPal account.  The normal procedure here seems to be that the Buyer pays to ship the item that is wrong (in your case) or defective (in our case) back to the Seller, which still results in out of pocket loss to the Buyer, but that seems to be how they do it. 

ETA: When you escalate the case, for eBay to make a decision, it says it might take up to 48 hours. In our case, their decision was within 2 or 3 hours.

ETA #2: You refer to an exchange of emails. I hope those were messages on the eBay web site, so they can see everything you refer to and that they were not regular email messages. 

ETA #3: I did not leave Feedback for the eBay Seller in CA. I love to leave outstanding feedback, on Amazon and on eBay.

Thanks.  I no longer need the part.  My dryer broke about 3.5 weeks ago.  I couldn't wait anymore, we got it locally.

Dawn

Not a solution to your ebay problem, but you might see if this place has your part.  I've ordered from them and had a good experience.  RepairClinic.com