Menu

does your bathroom...

ProudGrandma

have a mirror and light....or a medicine cabinet with a light above the sink? (or something different?)

We have a small bathroom (approx 7 ft x 5 ft)...so I can't decide it over head lighting would be enough..or if I would really want lights above the sink too.   And then I am trying to decide with a linen closet (and small, shallow cabinet above the toilet..similar to a medicine cabinet) if I would also need/want a medicine cabinet above the sink. 

I have one now, but I don't have a linen closet now...but I will soon.

If money were no object, then the decision would be easy....BUT...it is....and so I need to know what would be the best...I am leaning toward a simple mirror with some sort of lighting...but I am not sure what...

if anybody has a thought, please share.

We have a very small bathroom.  It has a large mirror and only an overhead light.  I get by fine without a medicine cabinet, but a light right over the mirror would be helpful.  The overhead light is sort of behind me when I'm using the mirror, and it makes makeup and other finicky stuff harder to do.

In my kids bathroom, there is only lighting over the mirror. It is plenty light wise. In our master bath, we have over mirror lighting and over head there are two directional lights. One pointing in the shower and one in the tub. The shower would definitely be too dark without it.

We have an old farmhouse and the bathroom is big because it is a converted bedroom.  We have a light in the ceiling fan and we have a candlestick lamp on the sink/counter.   We have a large mirror hung on the wall behind sink and no light bar or light above it.  I like how the lamp lights the bathroom, we don't even use the light in the fan.

Our master is tiny like that.  We only have a light bar over the mirror.  It's a 3 bulb, but we only use one.  The larger bath, shared by the kids, has a mirror on each of two walls, with a light over each one.  No overhead lighting in either bath, but they both have windows.

The only storage in the smaller bath, is under the sink.  I don't like those over the toilet storage cabinets.. they make the room feel smaller, and I always think I'm going to hit my head on them.  We store our towels in a cabinet in our bedroom just outside the bathroom door.  It's an old telephone table/cabinet, and our alarm clock sits on top of it.

We have a tiny bathroom that is 95% remodeled. We have the narrowest three-bulb light that we could find over our tiny sink (Lowe's). We have a canned light over the shower. That's it. No central light in the room. We have LED lights in the light fixture over the sink, and they are very bright with a nice light. We have no windows in the bathroom.

We will have a mirror that is flush to the wall. We have one narrow recessed cabinet to the left of the sink. The wall it is in is perpendicular to the wall the vanity is on, so it opens over the sink toward the mirror, if that makes sense. We could not do a recessed cabinet over the toilet without moving massive amounts of plumbing, and we don't want cupboards that stick out.

My bathroom sink is at a corner and has a L shaped mirror above it.  A row of 3 lightbulbs are above the mirror which is just nice for brushing teeth.  We also have a overhead light with exhaust fan in the middle of the bathroom. My medicine cabinet is inbuilt in the corner gap of the bathtub next to the potty. The medicine cabinet holds the spare toilet rolls.

My linen storage is above my washer and dryer which is just outside the bathroom.