Menu

COMFORTABLE Womens Pants

mom2bee

I almost feel weird even asking, but is there a company that makes WOMENS slacks with decent crotch room? I know females don't have low hanging/external genitals but I get sick and tired of my pants pressing against or riding up me all the time.  I have been to virtually every clothing shop in my city and tried on pants. I have found a couple of pair, but I do a lot of walking and I have a long stride so after a couple of miles I feel the need to 'reset' my clothes from the navel down (which of course you can't do on the side of the road!)

I'm not super tall (5'7") or anything and because I've gained weight I have pants in different sizes and all of them presented me with the same problem. I know that this might seem weird, (why would a woman need crotch room?) but *I* do.

I've tried searching online and it seems like I'm the only one with this issue.

LOL. You're not alone.  I finally went to nurse's scrub pants for my everyday pants.  This morning I ordered a pair on Amazon to replace one that I wore through on the seat.  I paid all of $17.

I am tall, don't want to spend big bucks, and am fine with elastic waist or drawstring pants because I usually wear my shirt out when I'm home.  I sit in my home office a lot, and am also outside doing chores here and there.

Not terribly stylish, but they work for me and wear well. 

For extended walks/hikes, you might find that closer-fitting pants actually work better. It seems counter-intuitive, but if you look at all the runners, they are generally wearing very form-fitting pants or even tights. When the pants are tight but stretchy, they won't shift around or cause any kind of chafing. I walk a lot and I like to wear yoga pants or other athletic pants.

ETA: Sorry, I was typing and missed that you need pants for work. My suggestion probably won't work in that case! I have never found dress pants that are comfortable for long walks. (A skirt with tights is fine, though.)

Sorry, I missed that you were looking for work pants.  I used to do drawstring for work a lot.  I usually found inexpensive elastic waist or drawstring pants at Sears.  Sure, they were a bit old ladyish but I was comfortable.

I am mostly torso, so even though I am only 5'6" I often buy tall pants for the crotch length and hem them.  Tall swimsuits are necessary.  

My favorites are the Land's End elastic waist cords.  I don't think I even need to get talls.  

Even though they are elastic waist, because they are cords you don't really notice.  

For walking, you might want to consider exercise clothes with built in underwear.  They are so much  more comfortable than trying to walk in everyday clothes.  For every day clothes, I like Lee jeans, slacks, and shorts.

Try these:

http://www.lee.com/store/LEE_STORE_US/en_US/category/women/pants.html?cm_cr=No%20Campaign-_-Web%20Activity-_-2013_10_FLIGHT40A_WOMENS_ROW1-_-ES_DEPT_WOMEN_ROTATOR-_-2013_10_FLIGHT40A_WMNS_ROW1_1

they are very comfortable and move well.....

No, unfortunately I don't machine-sew. I've tried getting lessons but it never pans out! I can sew by hand, but not on a machine.

I can't wear shorts--and it isn't allowed at work anyway.

The problem is, I need one pair of pants that'll last me the day. I don't have a car, I walk a lot out of necessity. I take the bus to work + school + back home. I probably walk about 4 miles in transit both ways so thats about 8 miles a day of mandatory walking and my pants start chaffing/bothering me about 1/3 of the way. My backpack is stuffed with just books and school supplies and its already bursting so carrying a 2nd pair of pants isn't viable most days.