Menu

Please indulge me? Ds is driving to IN tonight.

The man/boy has had his driver's license since June. Yeah, THIS June. He has an 18 y/o's sense of complete invincibility. He's approaching Louisville, the big ol' nasty interchange, as I type.

He's checking in with me every two hours when he stops for a break, just to humor me. :glare: And I'm so nervous that I've just about eaten a whole bowl of buttered popcorn and am just SICK thinking about him out there on the roads.

So will you humor *me* as I check in here when he calls? I'll feel like less of a loon if I can spread some of this anxiety into typing.

And would you please send good thoughts/prayers/travel angels his way?

The man/boy has had his driver's license since June. Yeah, THIS June. He has an 18 y/o's sense of complete invincibility. He's approaching Louisville, the big ol' nasty interchange, as I type.

He's checking in with me every two hours when he stops for a break, just to humor me. :glare: And I'm so nervous that I've just about eaten a whole bowl of buttered popcorn and am just SICK thinking about him out there on the roads.

So will you humor *me* as I check in here when he calls? I'll feel like less of a loon if I can spread some of this anxiety into typing.

And would you please send good thoughts/prayers/travel angels his way?

...a movie to go with that popcorn? Might help take your mind off things for 20 seconds or so, here and there, maybe once....okay, maybe not. :glare:

Tell yourself that it's okay to be anxious. Not that you're loony, or wrong, or meddlesome, or OCD. Just that you're a normal Mom who loves her child's every hair and freckle. Tell your anxiety "yes". Perhaps then it will be easier to sit with it for the evening.

Calling out the Angel National Guard on his behalf.

(((Pam)))

You and dh let him go back alone? That is a big step for you. He will be fine. One day you will laugh about today's anxiety. :)

I tried every which way from Sunday to revoke his car (it's ours) and drive him myself. Couldn't do it.

I'm holding the phone over my chest, waiting for the next call. He used to sleep there, only about that long, curled up like a tree frog. In this very chair, in fact.

Dang. The screen's all blurry again. :sad:

Dh said, "You've only let him go, what, NINE YEARS in a row now. Aren't you done crying YET??" AJ just pats me and kisses me on the forehead.

I'm fairly new here, Pam. Is your son going back to college? I live in IN, but he probably isn't driving close. We're in the south west along the IL border. I'm thinking good vibes as I write!:)

He's going up to Wabash for his sophomore year. Which I hope he will take more seriously than his freshman year. :glare:

Thanks!

I tried every which way from Sunday to revoke his car (it's ours) and drive him myself. Couldn't do it.

I'm holding the phone over my chest, waiting for the next call. He used to sleep there, only about that long, curled up like a tree frog. In this very chair, in fact.

Dang. The screen's all blurry again. :sad:

Dh said, "You've only let him go, what, NINE YEARS in a row now. Aren't you done crying YET??" AJ just pats me and kisses me on the forehead.

That's got to be one of the sweetest descriptions of family I've ever read.

Awww, now that just made me tear up. I keep wanting to read it over again so that I can feel the full impact but I will not allow myself to do it. Oh bother. :crying: