Menu

Braggity brag brag ...

Haiku

The kids' hockey team had their end-of-season tournament this weekend. The coaches award "player of the game" or MVP medals to a player on the opposing team after each game.

My son, who is a goalie, actually skated as wing in the first game because the back-up goalie wanted to play a tournament game. My son received the MVP for the first game.

My daughter, who is a defender, received the MVP for the second game.

It was a Liberator-Liberator sweep. :D

Tell me about your awesome kids!

Congratulations to your kids!!!  Sounds like they are great players.

I have to brag on my dd8.  This past weekend she took first place in the All Around competition for her level in gymnastics.  That's not my brag.  My brag is that my little one, who had received five medals (she placed on every event) and saw a teammate who didn't receive one.  She went over, took off a medal and told her that she deserved this medal because she was part of their team and helped the team place at the meet.  I love my kid!!!

That's awesome! I love brags. I try not to do it too much IRL, so thanks for the invite to do it here. Lol. Here's mine for the weekend. My 10 year old had opening day for soccer yesterday. He has always been a team player but has gone unnoticed because he typically passes the ball and has never scored. Well, he ended up with a coach this year who sparked a fire in him. He scored three beautiful goals and two times when he had clear shots passed to a smaller guy on the team setting up two more goals. The referee and the coach for the other team tracked him down and commented on his sportsmanship and talent. His coach and teammates cheered him in. He was clearly on cloud nine, but just said a humble thank you. Yep, I'm proud.

:hurray:

I don't have any big brags. But we were on vacation this weekend, and while we were eating dinner, another couple came by and told me how nice it was to see such well-behaved children and what a lovely family I had.  :001_wub:

If they had seen me the next day out on the streets of St. Augustine, about to lose my temper with a screaming 4yo in tow, they would not have been so complimentary. ;)