Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

We've been focusing so much on maths and robotics in the past weeks (months!) that today we're having an almost all sciences day (plus some English). Dd has a schedule written out to follow----which is very unlike us as we usually don't do things by the clock.

So

--4.5 hours of sciences (3) and 1hr (ish) of English

--exercise: Pilates legs

--emails re scheduling things

--continue planning our April vacation to WDW :D

--make hummus and pitas for dinner

--discuss logistics of attending the VAHomeschoolers conference with dh

--dd ballet 6:30-8

Good news---dd19 auditioned for a play at her university and received a callback for tonight :party:

Another 5:2 fast day for me :) Decaf w half and half (breakfast), ???? for lunch (salad w leftover protein? homemade baked spring rolls from the freezer? soup?), homemade hummus w veggies (dinner)

Good morning!

Back from am practice and am trying to get kids going. They are either moving at the speed of molasses or " Squirrel!" I am taking deep breaths as I am thinking about the day.

to do:

school (might kill me)

chores (might have to closely oversee)

pick up downstairs

school administration

sports administration

errands: fax (? seriously?) something, bank

PM practice: swimming

pick up from judo

The sun is shining in a new place now and I can see the cobwebs in the corners.... So, I will do that as well.

How is the new antibiotic working, Jean?

'Well. . .  I'm a bit afraid.  Last night after I took it, I was really itchy all over (which was the first symptom I had with the other "bad" antibiotic.  This morning my chest is tight with inflammation.  But I also take a nasal spray medicine when I remember to do it and I'm not 100% sure that it isn't that medicine causing the problem.  So my decision is to go back onto antibiotic #3 (which I have some left because I accidentally went back to the doctor a week early) and then take the nasal spray tonight and see if I get itchy again.  If not, then I guess it's probably the latest antibiotic and I guess I'll have to call the doctor and request antibiotic #6.  Sigh.  

Good Afternoon everyone...late checking in, but I've been busy. 

Today I've:  deep cleaned my bedroom and bathroom.  

deep cleaned the first floor 

washed sheets and remade bed

kids have done their bedrooms and bathrooms

ds is cleaning the basement --vacuum, dust 

laundry is almost done 

Now for some fun, I'm getting high-lights at 3pm and dh is taking me to pick up my birthday present tonight.  I'm so excited.

Hope you all have a pleasant Thursday!!

Human care including breakfast done

Pet care done

Kitchen cleaned

Ds - robotics done

Ds - Alg 2 session #1 with me done  

Dd - fed to the wolves - ok, maybe not that bad but I was totally overwhelmed so she read history on her own and then answered questions on freerice.com

Laundry load #1 has finished washing and is in the dryer

Laundry load #2 is in the washing machine.

I think I'm having a generalized allergic reaction to something.  I don't think it is to medication because I haven't had any since last night and it is continuing.  Perhaps it is to life?  The dogs?  Eggs?  My kids?  I have a call into one of my doctors because I don't know how to sort all this out.  

'Well. . .  I'm a bit afraid.  Last night after I took it, I was really itchy all over (which was the first symptom I had with the other "bad" antibiotic.  This morning my chest is tight with inflammation.  But I also take a nasal spray medicine when I remember to do it and I'm not 100% sure that it isn't that medicine causing the problem.  So my decision is to go back onto antibiotic #3 (which I have some left because I accidentally went back to the doctor a week early) and then take the nasal spray tonight and see if I get itchy again.  If not, then I guess it's probably the latest antibiotic and I guess I'll have to call the doctor and request antibiotic #6.  Sigh.  

I am sorry Jean, hang in there. :grouphug: :grouphug:

Ahhhh, painting frescoes (ninja warriors and tow-trucks, Michaelangelo would be so proud) while listening to Mozart. Messy, but good!

Lunch is over. Today has been a moderately good day. Many squabbles, but now they are happily painting. This should last for a few minutes. Then, off to Latin and History and I need to pick up the house which looks like a tornado hit it!

Just about to take off for practice. The day has been a bit scattered and the house not particularly clean, but I did get all the cobwebs and dusted some ledges. 

You know you want those to be dust free before you jump off one.

Jean, praying for you!

Have a great day, ladies!

OK - ENT is pulling me off of all medicines.  Yes, this risks the infection getting worse again but at this point he thinks my immune system is overloaded and is just reacting to everything.  I meet with the primary on Monday to figure out what to do re. the whole inflammation and blood sugar part of the puzzle.  I'm partly relieved to stop taking all of these drugs and partly scared that it will all get worse.