Menu

What to do with brand-new homeschooling books I won't use or sell?

SKL

I bought 2 levels of Reading Lessons Through Literature and I can't use them.  I don't sell stuff.  What should I do with them?  I hate to toss them....

I'm not a member of a homeschool community nor do I know anyone locally who is.

That's a good idea to check with the library and see if they have anything for homeschoolers.

I don't want to go to the trouble of shipping them somewhere etc.  I don't mind donating them to whoever can use them but the less hassle the better.  ;)

The levels are 2 and 3 if anyone wants to know....

That's a bit more of a drive than I'm interested in, but thanks!  LOL   :lol: 

I've been selling a bunch of books on Amazon... homeschool related books go quickly if you price them right.  Many libraries also take donations, to sell at book sales for fundraising purposes.  You could always drop them off, there.

If these were regular textbooks, you might be able to send them to Amazon (they will pay the shipping) and they will give you a credit you can use to buy something else on Amazon. Some textbooks that DD uses or needs, they will pay very little (a dollar or two), but some of them I have seen Amazon paying more than USD$30 for. You might look on Amazon, to see if you can find the books you have and if so, what Amazon will pay for them.

Before we go to the states, I plan to check the textbooks DD is done with, to see if any of them are worth taking with us and sending to Amazon.

If not, then donate them to your local public library or Book Samaritan or somewhere.

OT: You wrote that you are on Lake Erie. I worked on temporary job assignments, in Cleveland and in Erie and I know about "Lake effect snow".

Ask for someone to send you a few bucks for postage in an envelope (you figure out how much first, for example $5) and then send them off to a new home. There are a lot of people who'd be thrilled with such an arrangement and then you don't have to deal with paypal or selling it or some unhappy person complaining, and you know they're in a good home.