Menu

Who's going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Jean, I hope your MIL is doing better.  

To do:

B'fast, lunch, dinner (lemon garlic pasta, homemade bread, salad)

Exercise!

1 load of laundry

School

-History

-Math

-Science

-Latin

-Greek 

Sweep and mop LR, DR, kitchen and enty

Clean master bedroom (it's crazy in there!)

Take Indy to Scouts

Work on my Coursera course

Plans for today:

-dd10: Math, English, Biology, Geography, Logic

-dd7: Math, Dutch, English, Geography, Copywork, Reading

-dd5: Math, Dutch, Copywork, Reading

-everyone: read aloud during lunch

-Greek & Latin vocab

-enter lesson plan in HST+

-take dd10 to theater class (car!)

-grocery? - NO, need to be home to keep the kids quiet, so dh can work.

-library? - NO, idem.

-take dd5 to gymnastics (car!)

-read a book

-wait for confirmation email for TM :toetap05:

Habits:

-get enough steps (fitbit)..not going to happen today, getting through the day without triggering a migraine will be enough

-vit D & multi & fish oil

-NO SUGAR

- go to town to pick up Dh's meds- done

- print pictures for dd's catholic schools week family poster- done

- use library wifi to download books- done

- mail light bill- done

- get milk and apples from store- done

- dishes

- get dd off bus (today is a 1/2 day)- done

- tidy house

- dinner- planned

- bed time routine

- read :)

Hopefully go into labor

It's been a long time since I joined one of these threads, but I remember how much I loved having the list to check off! My list for today:

Get dinner in crockpot

Fold/Put Away DSs Laundry

Dry/Fold/Put Away DDs Laundry

Wash/Dry/Replace MB Sheets

Wash/Dry/Fold/Put Away Towels

Wash/Dry/Fold/Put Away 1 load of DH and I's clothes

Clear off Counters

DD School (Reading, Writing, Math)

Deep Clean Kitchen Table

Gym?? (Depends if they decide to open, closed at least until noon because of snow)

ETA: Feeling productive!! I've decided to skip the gym though. And can you tell where my laundry hangups are? I hate putting things away!

University classes are cancelled today, so dd18 (who is living at home during the optional winter session) is across the table from me working on calculus problems instead of being in class. I told dd14 to sleep in and that we'd do a light school day on hopes she'll be able to sled with her cousins later. The windchill is -15 right now. Dh is out with the snowblower---we got a good 12" from the storm.

So today

--drink lots of coffee and tea (decaf for me)

--light school: just algebra 3, English, and marine ecology, maybe a bit of history reading

--dd has to go over changes made in an FLL presentation (the next round competition is in 2.5 weeks)

--price dd18's spring semester textbooks (I did ds's yesterday)

--some emails

--exercise: either elliptical or treadmill

--read for fun :)

I've decided not to tackle Wednesday. I just hope it doesn't tackle me, like Monday and

Tuesday did. I'll probably pay for this on Thursday.

:grouphug: Indian summer!

I took the car to take dd10 to theater class (we usually bike!) and on the way back I narrowly missed getting hit by another car, which suddenly decided to swing to my side of the road :w00t: . It swung back just as suddenly. :svengo:

I think I have tackled enough today! I'm cooking dinner and that's it, I'm going to read a book and be glad I'm still alive.

Good morning! We are back from morning practice and are ready to tackle the day.

To do:

school for dd2, ds3

oversee teens

clean master bath/dust master bedroom

continue decluttering project in mudroom

oversee chores

start getting a packing list for weekend

bank/bills

clean out study

Habits:

green smoothie

write 30 minutes

art/craft 30 minutes

Good morning! I'm going to post as we go today because we all slept in a little late. Felt good, though!

Thus far:

breakfast

fed cats

Ds working on Awana and history this morning

Dd working on history and Chemistry this morning

Dishes going

Laundry in dryer

living room tidied

outgoing mail ready

Jean, I only now saw the end of yesterday's thread! I hope your MIL is doing okay now.

This may be MIL's last day on earth.  She is not waking up this morning.  Dh is on his way over to the hospital.  At this point we just don't know - it could go either way, though if she does wake up and "recovers", I have a feeling that she will never again be at the point where she was even a week ago.

Good Morning Ladies! Let the tackling begin!

I am so proud of myself. I got up early Monday and today and walked. I would have done it yesterday, but Dh has early morning Men's Bible Study Group and 5:30 is just a little early for me to get up.

** school - we have finished Bible, Spelling, Greek. And I got done with DS10's language arts. Now on to DS9 for LA and DD7.

** hoping to do art this afternoon. That is one subject I just cannot get done with the kids.

** finish school with the kids

** work on co-op PE lesson plans

** clean my zone for the day

** figure out something for dinner

** kids have Awana tonight

Jean - my prayers are with your family.

:grouphug: Jean

car has been into the auto shop, spare is on, new winter tire has been ordered in and is being sent via courier to my little village hopefully to be replaced before Monday.  Wheel was baked inside and turned to powder, so glad we made it home before it happened. Went grocery shopping finally and bought a new water jug, we've been empty for the last 2 days.

Looking forward to going to the diner today, hate my boss and the environment, but my kids will not stop bickering so looking forward to the break from it.

Human care all done

Pet care done

Lesson planning done

Dd - lang. arts, reading comprehension and typing done

Ds - robotics, health done

Dishwasher running

1st load of laundry done

"This girl is on fire!". . .   humming. . . (not that I really like the song but it is everywhere so I can use it as a commentary on my life!)

Praying for your family, Jean

Not a lot to do here today:

Wiped down kitchen this morning
Cooked breakfast
Turned on the dishwasher
Finished school--Wednesdays are usually half days because oldest works at the library
Dropped oldest off at the library
Took dh his lunch--he forgot it today
Ran into the Goodwill store and Hobby Lobby
Going to pick little man up from grandparent's in awhile--I have about an hour of free time left.  he usually doesn't go on Wednesdays so I always have 1 or both boys with me...maybe a nap is in order

I have to cook supper sometime this evening...

Just back from a bunch of errands:

went to the library

went to the dentist and scheduled an exam and x-rays and figured out insurance stuff with them.

went to the butchers and got meat

went to the grocery store and got groceries and shot the breeze with the manager about the super bowl.

gassed up the car and bumped into dh there - which was good because the nozzle wasn't working for me and he got it to work.

came home and got ds16's help in unloading and putting away groceries.

took a call from the dentist because they had a cancellation and can get me in for the exam and the x-rays almost a week earlier.

LEt's see, went to work, quit my job, came home from work, got my job back.  Then I watched life of Pi while trying to sort stuff in the livingroom and fold laundry.  made dinner, now relaxing again a little bit before heading to work to clean.  ds15 is about to do one of the online assessments he was assigned by the career counsellor.  He needs the print out from his assessments done this week brought to his meeting on Friday. 

Wait, what?

lol I made a thread about it, started typing it out, dealt with kids and talked to boss before hitting send but it is there.  Idiot boss started getting bitchy with me and basically expected me to put work ahead of my family.  There will never be a day that happens.  I took off my apron, gave back the key and walked out.  She called and apologized and we restructered my shifts so I get the same amount of hours but I am not gone from my kids all day 3 days a week anymore.  And she knows she will always lose if she tried to make me choose between home and work, I will never be that desperate for work, there is always something else out there.