Menu

Prayer request for a family member

dirty ethel rackham

My brother and SIL are hosting our extended family for Christmas (5 of the 6 siblings and their families.)  It is a lot of work and they are being so gracious, including letting all of us who don't have others to help bring our dogs and letting my family stay with them.  They have two dogs, both Bostons.  One of their dogs has been going blind and has been pretty testy about it.  They just found out that he has a brain tumor, which is causing the blindness and the behavior issues.  He alternates between being really sweet to everyone and being aggressive toward anything that surprises him. They have to make a decision about putting him down, whether to do so before Christmas, or to wait until afterwards and have everyone on high alert with this dog, keeping him isolated from visitors and the 3 visiting dogs and their other dog.  This is a really heart-wrenching decision for them and I really feel for them.    Can you pray that they can make a decision that is best for everyone involved and have peace about it?  Can you pray for their grief as they face this?