Menu

stupid issues: how to cleanly rip out perforated papers

Mandylubug

I'm having stupid issues with ripping out perforated pages from our AAR workbooks. I've paid a good deal for them and I get irritated when I rip a page out and have to tape back parts of words. Lets not forget to mention, it makes we twitch to even have a crease in papers. So imagine my issue with paper edges that look like they were chewed.

Am I just losing my mind and missing an important tip on how to cleanly rip sheets out? The perforation is there so it isnt the workbook issue.

I do have to rip from the front and back of the book. It seems most of my issues come from ripping in the middle of the book when grabbing those back pages.

I can't with it being in the back part of the book. The front of the work book is all hands on activities and in the middle or so starts the practice sheets. So I'm pulling from the middle and it is an inch thick or more. Can't really fold it :(

I am SO glad I'm not the only one who can't manage this!  This morning I was yelling at myself "Get it together woman!  How can you educate your own children if you can't rip some paper cleanly!?!?"

I take those kinds of books to Kinko's/FedEx and have the spines cut off. Some of them I also have drilled for three holes and keep them in three-ring notebooks; others I just file flat, on a shelf or in a box or whatever.

I'm nearly there. Not sure where I'd store them as loose leaf. Completely rains on my organization parade ;) I'm sure I can rework my system, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, I hear you!  I (try to) rip the pages out of my son's MUS workbook, and give him a week's worth of assignments at a time in a binder.

However, the book comes 3-holed punched, and the holes are less than a half-centimeter away from the perforation and I rip through the holes every stinking time I try to tear out a page.   Drives me insane. 

I'm breaking down and having the bindings chopped off today, y`all! Can't take it. I know it sounds petty but when I pay 30 bucks for a workbook, I can't handle staring at chewed up edges. It is making me twitch. Lol

I can't stand that, either, lol.

I have a boatload of three-ring notebooks in my house, with everything from KONOS to Easy Grammar. :-)