Menu

Exercise Thread ~ 12/15 - 12/21

Negin

Yesterday was boot camp and then later stretching then 1.5 hours of roller skating.

I had a PT appointment yesterday to address uneven low back pain as well which is limiting me on one side. That was my third and while it seems to be helpful, it's almost like it hurts more at first, IYKWIM. This morning I woke up late which is not uncommon for where I am in my monthly cycle. So today was no boot camp but I gots me some planz for later this morning. Once I have a crack of sun I will go run a trail and then do my own weight/resistance sets. It's a heavily wooded trail and I like to have a little more light to watch for slip hazards and other people.

So yesterday I did end up hitting the trail.  I took hand weight because I sensed I would be moving slow and needed to up the benefit.  That worked well.  I explored a new to me section of trail along the water.  

Today I did my boot camp and stretching.  I am on my cycle so I didn't push it hard beyond that.  Sort of a lazy day besides getting some stuff done housework wise.  

I liked the new section of trail so much I am going to go back tomorrow with the kids after boot camp.  

Classical Stretch - Full Body Workout. 

4 mile run yesterday, and I'm about to go do an hour of yoga.

That unitard it too funny. :D

Kim, great job on the run and yoga. 

Yes, the unitard guy is hilarious.  :lol:

Sort of a lazy day besides getting some stuff done housework wise.  

Housework counts. :)

Oh my goodness, love the unitard!   :lol:

You all are inspiring me!  After recovering from breast cancer, two botched follow up surgeries, a massive life-threatening staph infection from one of the botched surgeries, a decimated immune system that caused severe swelling in both knees and a 25 pound weight gain, I am finally healthy enough and mentally ready to resume exercising on a regular basis and this thread is awesome to read.  Wish me luck!  Started my journey this week with some slow walks around the neighborhood.   (Nothing like what all of you are doing, but maybe someday...)

Best of luck to all....

Rebounding

Wish me luck!  Started my journey this week with some slow walks around the neighborhood.   (Nothing like what all of you are doing, but maybe someday...)

:grouphug:  Wishing you all the best. Take it one day at a time. Be patient. Start slow, as you're already doing. 

I'm back! 

So happy to see you back. You've been missed. Hope your vacation was a lovely one. :)

I've had too much Christmas and birthday (dh's is tomorrow) to do to get over to Curves. Does cleaning a 10,000 sq. ft building count as exercise? Our family cleans a large, pediatrician's office on Thursday nights and Saturdays. It takes the 4 of us about 2 hours working straight to get it all done. We're cleaning tonight so we don't have to on dh's birthday. 

Yesterday was boot camp and a longer stretching time 2x. My kids were on a book and Christmas movie bender so I didn't get them out to hike. Which is too bad because the more I move on my cycle the better I am.

Today is my own thing (no boot camps on Fridays except for weather make ups). I just need to decide what that is because I don't think making Christmas cookies is an aerobic workout and that is all I have done this morning besides walk to the store for more butter and the post office for mailing a package.

My one sided low back hinky spot seems to be getting better. Thank goodness for PT and massage and that foam roller.