Menu

How long do Ugg boots last?

SewLittleTime

I want a pair badly.  My feet are cold in the cheapy, knock-off boots I bought at Kohl's.  Dh says they are way too expensive.  All he sees are dollar signs.  I agree they are expensive, but I also know I won't need to buy new boots for several years hopefully.  Dh asked me to ask around and see how long they last or how long people have had theirs. 

Mine have been keeping my feet warm and toasty (without socks) for probably 8ish years.  Actually I have a pair that I wear indoors only, and another outside. I do use waterproof spray on the outdoor pair, as they will get water and salt stains if you don't stay on top of . The only problem I've had is some stretching out of the leather over time.

I've had mine for...10 years? I wear them pretty exclusively half the year, inside and out. This year I have waterproof spray and new inserts (like $17 on amazon) on my list. With those touch ups, they should last awhile longer. However, mine are a tall boot style (just over half way up my calf), and the bottom part is a smooth leather, the upper around the leg part is suede.

Love love love them! Best $150 my mom ever spent (I was still is high school)

I bought my sheepskin boots from Costco (pretty sure they're also made in Australia or new Zealand.). they come in the fall, when they sell out they are gone for the season.  they were $30 or $40.  they are *real* sheepskin (unlike most knockoffs which are polyester - and aren't warm.).  even the beat up pair that 2ds wore kicking around in the snow until his feet got too big are still useable and warm. (at least 10 years).

my current pair I Purchased a few years ago. (or maybe more than a few years . . . )  I've replaced the insole a couple years back (the fleece was rubbing off) with another real sheepskin insole for around $15 - $20.  they are going strong.

you can also try big five sporting good, or amazon, as they do have real sheepskin boots that are much less expensive, but still warm.    (bear claw is one brand.)

eta: one thing I liked about the sheepskin boots.  I can kick around in the snow, the outside can be wet, but because it's wool fleece, my feet are still dry and warm.  (wool is still warm even when wet.)

I can't remember if mine are real or knock offs but they have been going strong for several years.  I have one place on the side where the sheep's wool is rubbing off.  I am pretty sure it would be an easy fix.  They are awesome when it is cold.  Not only do you stay warm and toasty, the shoes also have great traction so it is hard to slip on the ice.