Menu

Drawing Art DVDs?

I'm sure this has been discussed at some point so forgive any duplication.

I am wanting to find an art dvd program for my boys. But I don't want "projects" just drawing/sketching and then maybe painting. They are 9 and 6. 9yo loves to sketch and has checked out some how-to-draw books from the library. But I know he loves videos. We once checked out Thomas Kincade's dvd (I'm sure I just spelled his name wrong) and DS loved it but there was only the one dvd.

What is out there that doesn't include projects with items, glue, and crafty things? :-)

Mark Kistler has online videos to teach drawing. They are fun, cartoony types of drawings and my DS really enjoys them. Several of them are free for you to try out on his website. We subscribed through Homeschool Buyers Co-op at a significant discount off the regular price.

ETA - even though they are cartoony, the lessons are step by step, and teach about shading, perspective, etc., which can be applied to other types of drawing too.

Mark Kistler has online videos to teach drawing. They are fun, cartoony types of drawings and my DS really enjoys them. Several of them are free for you to try out on his website. We subscribed through Homeschool Buyers Co-op at a significant discount off the regular price.

I second mark kistler. We do the mark kistler live virtual class. Got a good price of $79 for a year subscription through homeschool buyers coop.

My three love it.They are learning alot too.

1. Mark Kistler vote here, too.

2. Also, if you don't mind a somewhat religious tone, there is Pat Knepley's Art Projects.  You can tie it to historical art figures, too.  She has one based on Vincent Van Gogh that was fun for both my son and daughter (but they were already familiar with Van Gogh so they had an interest).  

3. My dad always adored Bob Ross, so I recently bought a 10 disk set of his Instructional DVD's off Amazon.  We haven't started them yet, but I remember watching him on TV as a child and loving the gentle but interesting way he taught painting, etc.  He was always so positive and upbeat and showed all these great ways to make things look amazing.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...