Menu

Urgent wardrobe help needed: high school reunion

Janie Grace

It's from 8:00-11:00 on a Saturday night at a fairly nice bar (class is renting upstairs). No cover, pay as you go (drinks and appetizers). My friend thinks jeans with nice blouse and fancy shoes (thinking pointy pumps). I'm wondering if a cute dress with boots might be more appropriate. I've never been to a reunion before. What says the Hive? One of these options? Something else?

It's from 8:00-11:00 on a Saturday night at a fairly nice bar (class is renting upstairs). No cover, pay as you go (drinks and appetizers). My friend thinks jeans with nice blouse and fancy shoes (thinking pointy pumps). I'm wondering if a cute dress with boots might be more appropriate. I've never been to a reunion before. What says the Hive? One of these options? Something else?

Either one would work.  I don't think one is any more appropriate than the other.

I would not wear jeans. I don't care what Stacy and Clinton say--jeans are just not dressy, and there should be a little dressiness for this event.

I think your idea is better. Not too dressy, of course, but a cute dress with boots (if it's the right dress and the right boots) is better.

Either of these sounds perfectly acceptable.  I attended my 25th reunion several years ago and saw a variety of outfits.  I wore nice jeans, a black blouse and cute shoes with blingy jewelry. 

Thanks, you guys. The more I think about it in the "what makes you feel gorgeous" vein (good advice!), the more I'm leaning towards jeans and a cool top with blingy jewelry and fun shoes. I feel "formal" in a dress and I want to be as at ease as possible. So if you're SURE jeans aren't going to be out of place (nice jeans -- dark rinse, Buckle jeans), I'll go with that.