Menu

Who's going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Let's have a fresh start with Wednesday!

Clean kitchen

Laundry - none of which got done yesterday. . .

Library stuff

Library school in a.m.

Dd - reading comp., Lang. arts, math, typing, logic

Ds - Alg. 2, Latin, History/Lit., robotics, comp. science

Kids have to be back for Skype call

Dd needs t-shirt

If I could do ANYTHING else to tidy up around here it would be good.

I hope you have a better day today, Jean!

Plans for today:

-give dd10 birthday gifts - DONE

-take dd10 to shop to get ears pierced - DONE

-quick grocery shopping - DONE

-load of laundry - DONE

-change signature :) - DONE

-prepare dinner in advance - DONE

-grandparents are coming - DONE

-take dd10 and dd7 to movie (first time ever! :D)

-read a book?

Bonus points:

-cleaning up the mess after dd7 dropped a bowl full of porridge on our red, plush carpet near the couch. What was she thinking, we don't eat on the couch. - DONE

-Greek & Latin vocab

-console dd5 when she realised that she couldn't go to the movies -ON GOING

-:banghead: because of stupid TM of Latin course. I know I'm not a classicist (my bad), but it shouldn't be too hard to just include the translations of the texts in the TM, right? I fear I will not be able to use this curriculum much further and a tutor is not in the budget. - I WON! I WON! I translated 12 lines of Ovid and my head didn't explode :D.

Here's my list for today, I'm looking forward to being able to come back and check things off!

Finish project for client A

Complete 2 hours of work for client B

Fold 4 baskets of laundry

Wash/Dry/Replace master bedroom sheets

Wash/Dry/Replace kid's sheets

Step Class at the Gym

School for DD - AAR, Math, Handwriting

School for DS - AAR, playdough

Put away 4 baskets of laundry

Start roast in crock pot

Call church RE dinner

Clean off kitchen counters

The only thing I'm not sure I'll finish is my 2 billable hours for a client, it depends on how long the first project takes me. As long as I stay off the internet though I should be able to finish everything else!

ETA: It's only noon and I'm on a good  roll!

Jean, I hope you have a better day!

Tress, I hope your dd5 is over it soon. Disappointments are hard on all of us, not just little ones!

We had a fabulous time on our overnight trip. I was genuinely impressed with the actors, buildings, and overall experience. I would highly recommend it to anyone near or traveling through Alabama.

Already done today:

breakfast and lunch for dh

did a workout

To Do:

Breakfast

Shower and dress

Dd school: Grade tests and writing from yesterday; Algebra 2, Chemistry, (I don't remember what else she had scheduled. I give her a list for the week, and she schedules it all herself.)

Ds school: Work on Awana verses, spelling, writing for Awana, decorate a potato for Awana tonight; Black Beauty

Lunch

Take dd to volunteer at library

tidy house

Pick dd up

Supper

Church

Try to go to bed early

--algebra 2

--physics lab (projectile motion of a Nerf dart gun :D)

--a short essay for history

--English of her choosing (better start on an essay...)

--Number Theory

--online quiz that coordinates w the university geology lecture she watched yesterday

--Joann's for costume fabric

--DSW for dd

--Costco if enough time

--ballet 6-8

--exercise

--arrange meeting to hand off forms and payment I collected for an activity

I have to slightly rework the lab. I had intended on doing it on our large flat driveway...but it's raining! I think we can shoot the Nerf gun at almost all the angles I had planned without hitting the ceiling. I also have to figure out how to mark where the darts land for measurement as I was going to use sidewalk chalk!

I feel like I have a hangover from being so productive yesterday.  I am so tired this morning.  I'm hoping to fight my way out of the fog this morning so I can get a lot done today!

We have a lot to do away from home today, so I scheduled a little less schoolwork.

• DD9-running club practice (3 miles) (9:30-10:45)
  • ds- Spanish class (11-12)
  • dd16 - Spanish Class (12:45-2:15)
  • pick up daycare child from preschool (12:55)
  • school:   dd6:  math, reading, 
  •              dd9: TT,  handwriting, reading, fun Halloween graphing projects, States & capitals memorization
  •              ds: TT, writing, reading, States & capitals memorization
  •              dd16: APUSH, AP Language, Pre-Calc, Chem, Govt
  • get bday present for my dad
  • get wrapping paper & cards for dad (bday celebration with family is on Friday)
  • history & geography for dd9 and ds
  • 1 load of laundry
  • household chores (vacuum downstairs, vacuum stairs, wipe down kitchen & bathroom counters, empty & reload dishwasher)
  • create sign up doc for greeter's ministry at church  
  • thank you notes for two friends 
  • type letter seeking donation of paper bags from grocery store for Thanksgiving meal delivery
  • set up ministry meeting for next week
  • drop donation letter off at grocery store
  • naptime for daycare child  
  • help dd9 make a poster for her bronze project for GS
  • drop items off at dance studio: check for costume fees, candy for auction basket, table, extension cord, 3 packs baby wipes, and 24 cans of soda for auction
  • look to purchase additional spines for history program
  • put together a treat basket for a friend who is having a really rough week
  • children's choir & musical practice at church (4-6)
  • dd16 and ds have small group Bible study (6:30-8)
  • go to work (cleaning job) (9pm-1am)

where to start?

morning routine is ticking along.  (bed is made, dishwasher is unloaded, banana eaten, drinking coffee with dh and "playing computers"/"reading newspaper")

left in morning routine: start washing machine, put away rack-drying things from yesterday.  (everything else was dry and ready to put away before dance last night :)

then its 8am, and morning school begins.

- play piano with dd#3 while she practices (just fifteen minutes of an hour)

- while dd continues violin practice, reboot kitchen, master bedroom, nook, dining room

- teach dd#3 math while dd#4 begins violin practice

- play piano with dd#4 while she practices

- teach dd #4 math, check math from #3

- hang up laundry

now its 10am hopefully, and time for 15 min. coffee break

-write at home with dd#4, AP bio with dd#3

- load dishwasher

lunch time (one hour)

- violin practice with dd#3 + chemistry with dd#4

- violin practice with dd#4 + spanish with dd#3

- language arts with dd#4 while dd#3 is in spanish class

- put laundry away, make dinner for dds

4:30 leave for orchestra with dinner in car.

make dinner for dh and me

pick up dd#4 from orchestra @ 7:45

pick up dd#3 from orchestra @ 9:30

and that's Mole Day, come and gone...

ann

I feel strange about participating since I don't homeschool any more.  My day must seem wide open with possibilities to the rest of you!  Still, today I need the push, so I'll play.

Daily Chores

Clean kitchen, including sweeping and mopping the floor which I am forcing myself to do daily

Tidy dining room

Tidy living room (mostly picking up dog toys -- my dog is a toddler)

Clean bathroom, including floor

Vacuum hall

Tidy and vac my bedroom

4 loads laundry

Fall Cleaning

Clean carpets -- hallway, living room, my bedroom

Clean leather sofa

Dog

Feed dog

Train dog

Walk dog

Play with dog

Brush at least 1/2 of dog

Phone Calls

Mom

Order oil

Call a friend to arrange to pick up lawn tractor tomorrow

Make neurology appt for DS2

Call friend to remind her to bring carpet cleaner attachments to me

Call friend to check in because that's the culture here

Check propane tank to see if time to order more

Text kids about how they should eat leftovers tonight or starve

Paperwork

Bank deposit

Bank & Quicken

Pay a few office bills

Dithering (can be done in conjunction with other things!)

When should I buy a bushel of apples to can?  Or should I wait until next year?

When will be the right time for me to get a second Wheaten Terrier?

Think of things I can do with the dog during DS2's physical therapy 3x a week.

Keep fingers crossed (figuratively speaking) that Red Sox win tonight.

Go

Dog training class -- I help teach it.

Dishes- done

Laundry- have to fold and put away

Dinner- planned

Tidy living room and dd's room- in progress

Bank and Walmart and dd's school to get the work she has missed, she didn't go today either.(didn't make it yesterday, I'm getting what dd has but thankfully she is getting better)- done

Figure out a saint for dd to dress as for all saints day celebration on the 31st for her school

Figure out Advent and make a calendar that's reusable with dd

Bedtime routine

Jenn - you might be dealing with your personal fog, but I had to deal with actual fog this morning.  Dh's Airporter ride didn't come as advertised on time, so I took him into the airport.  The fog was so thick up on our hill that I almost drove off the road!  Fortunately I was going quite slow.  I still managed to get him to the airport on time.  But traffic was a bear.  I didn't see any accidents on my route but according to the radio, there were a lot of accidents and delays this morning everywhere around here.

Anyway - I'm running a bit late.  I hate that.

RC - pshaw.  (I've always wanted to say that in real life.)  This thread is for anyone who wants to tackle any kind of a day.  There are no requirements.  You could tackle it by going belly dancing naked on the lawn, for all we care!  

I can join in again today.  Yesterday was insane, we returned the sleep machine to the hospital, ran a couple errands in the city, drove the 2 hours back here and went straight to work at job #2.  after work grabbed the kids a snack, dropped the teens off at cadets, and went to my staff meeting, staff meeting ended and went right to town office for a meeting I had there. Locked keys in car, called tow truck, guy remembered me from last year, gave me a deal of 1/2 off.  Got keys out of car.  went back to cadets, got teens got home at 10pm, unloaded car from our trip to city and all the stuff we picked up there.  ate dinner at 11pm, went to bed at midnight.  So today's list is busy but reflective of the tiredness from yesterday

to do wednesday

*garbage day, put can out to road

*ds15 online lit class 11-1230

*dd14 & ds15 online lit class 2-330

*work job #1 4-10pm

*call dr office and add dd6 to tomorrow's appt (she needs a form signed before her dental surgery)

*map out my november availability so I can book needed days off work at both jobs

*try to fit in some school for the littles (thank goodness we took it with us to the city on monday)

*clean kitchen

*clean entrance (everything from last night is piled in those 2 places still)

*am petcare

*pm petcare

*laundry

* track down a 1st aid course, mine expired last month and I forgot about it.

My day is half over, but I still have things to do.

AM practice drive-done!

Dentist appointment for ds3-done

Clean master bath-done

check college financial aid deadlines- done (only a small bit of hyperventilating-Victory!)

"encouraged" ds1 to finish scholarship application and 2 college applications by Friday-done (agreement reached!)

have a healthy lunch

clean kitchen

make dinner plans

pick up downstairs before we leave

PM practice/aikido/climbing (we are gone from 3-7:40)

finish novel that is due back to library

The rain and the wind both have stopped---lab will be outside! (Darn good thing because w any angle over 30 degrees the dart hits the ceiling :lol:

We will have to pull dh out of his home office to assist---this may be the first lab in four years that we need more than four hands! One person has to shoot, one person has to time, and one person has to mark where the darts land.

Dh's Airporter ride didn't come as advertised on time, so I took him into the airport.  The fog was so thick up on our hill that I almost drove off the road!  Fortunately I was going quite slow.  I still managed to get him to the airport on time.  But traffic was a bear.  I didn't see any accidents on my route but according to the radio, there were a lot of accidents and delays this morning everywhere around here.

Jean, you should have stopped by my house!  If you were on 5, you'd drive right past my exit.  Wait, you're south of my, right?  BTW, I can't find your number!  Shoot it to me again!

To do:

-B'fast, lunch, dinner (pasta with turkey meatballs and fresh baked bread)

-Exercise

-School

-Math

-Reading

-Grammar

-History

-Latin

-Greek

-Empty dishwasher

-Clean oven (how does it get so dirty?)

-1 load of laundry (just need to be folded and put away!)

-Put away clothes folded yesterday

-Sweep and mop LR, DR, entry and kitchen

-Clean MB

-Scout meeting, where I will gripe about the lack of communication to the parents

-Buy stuff to make some decor for my mom for Christmas (she's doing a parade of homes and needs help)

OK - this is a grit your teeth kind of a day so I'm going to post my very small incremental victories over my list.  

Beds are made.

I got clothes on.  I still need to shower but the clothes are on.  (I had to quick throw them on when we realized that I had to drive dh to the airport.)

Meds are taken.

Helped dd with Lang. Arts.

Dd did reading comprehension on her own.

Ds has done history/lit and is working on computer science.

I emptied the dishwasher.

I filled the dishwasher and it is running.

One cute thing - Libby the Disabled Wonder Dog has a stuffed bear that snores if you push its tummy.  She's cuddling her bear and is licking it and making little noises at it. 

So far, today has not been very productive.  I feel like I'm chasing my tail.  I'm tired and feel like I'm juggling too many things at once.  I'm going to muddle my way through the remainder of the day and pray that I get enough sleep tonight to make tomorrow feel less daunting.

•              dd9: TT,  handwriting, reading,Megawords, fun Halloween graphing projects, States & capitals memorization
  •              ds: TT, writing, reading, States & capitals memorization
  • get wrapping paper & cards for dad (bday celebration with family is on Friday)
  • 1 load of laundry
  • household chores (vacuum downstairs, vacuum stairs, wipe down kitchen & bathroom counters, empty & reload dishwasher, clean toilets)
  • help dd9 make a poster for her bronze project for GS  IN PROGRESS
  • drop items off at dance studio: check for costume fees, candy for auction basket, table, extension cord, 3 packs baby wipes, and 24 cans of soda for auction

RC - pshaw.  (I've always wanted to say that in real life.)  This thread is for anyone who wants to tackle any kind of a day.  There are no requirements.  You could tackle it by going belly dancing naked on the lawn, for all we care!  

Don't tempt me!  It's not every day the farmers around here get to see a mom of triplets dance naked on the lawn!  The "mom of triplets" part is key since I haven't had a tummy tuck! I jiggle when I wiggle!

I am not getting enough done.  Got stuck trying to get past level 4 in Bejeweled.  Now I'm running around like crazy trying to hit all the spots that show so it will appear that Bejeweled and I have never met.

Hi Everyone!

Done:

School

Yelling at the kids

Pushing oldest ds along with the figurative stick to get his work done

Baking bread

Mid-afternoon snack of fresh bread and a cup of coffee

Pulled a few weeds

Watered my winter garden (we're as dry as a bone out here, no rain yet)

Made a pretty bouquet of zinnias and sage (all I have in the yard right now, but it's a pretty combo)

To do:

Make dinner early (dd's soccer practice was pushed up an hour)

Pick up house, vacuum

Tried to nap - didn't work.

Emptied and then filled the dishwasher again.

Washed 80% of the hand wash items.

Talked to my sister.

Minimally helped dd with a project.  This is the second day in a row that I have not been able to help her with all her schoolwork.  I just. can't.  Which is very unusual for me.  I usually can do that even if the rest of my day goes south.  I'm going to actually take my new medicine, which scares me because it is an anti-seizure medicine, tonight to see if that will help me to actually function.  This entire day I've been working on just cleaning the kitchen (normal mess) and I'm still not done.  This is not being a functional mom.  

8:30pm update:  The evening has improved and I've gotten more things marked off my list.  DH ended up not having to work at his second job this evening, so we went out to dinner with our two younger girls while the older kids were at Bible study at church.

•              dd9: TT,  handwriting, reading,Megawords, fun Halloween graphing projects, States & capitals memorization
  •              ds: TT, writing, reading, States & capitals memorization
  • 1 load of laundry
  • household chores (vacuum downstairs, vacuum stairs, wipe down kitchen & bathroom counters, empty & reload dishwasher, clean toilets)
  • make a treat bag for a friend having a rough week
  • help dd9 make a poster for her bronze project for GS  IN PROGRESS
  • drop items off at dance studio: check for costume fees, candy for auction basket, table, extension cord, 3 packs baby wipes, and 24 cans of soda for auction